Top 100 Courses In The World - How many have you played?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As I see it that is a list of the top 100 courses. I cannot for the life of me think that the old course is in the top 3 courses of the UK, never mind the world. If you are talking History then yes, but it says courses. Yesterday I played Hollinwell and as far as playing some holes. Hollinwell has better holes than the old course.
That said I have played one course, the old course.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
12. Bit of a surprise it’s that high and some remain in Scotland that I really should have played by now.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
12, which all but one are in Scotland. Surprised the god forsaken midge hole has made it in. Can't imagine many have played it.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Only one, The Country Club in Brookline, Massachusetts, as a guest of a businessman that I met in my work years ago.

I couldn't play to my index, there, and I'm sure that would probably apply to the other 99 as well.

Elegant is nice, but I know the difference between challenged and overmatched.

My own home course is a 1906 Donald Ross design, but it's barely 6000 yards long and more my speed.

4LEX

Visit site
As I see it that is a list of the top 100 courses. I cannot for the life of me think that the old course is in the top 3 courses of the UK, never mind the world. If you are talking History then yes, but it says courses. Yesterday I played Hollinwell and as far as playing some holes. Hollinwell has better holes than the old course.
That said I have played one course, the old course.

It's about history, quality and reputation. You can't base it on just one metric, IMO.

I'm into double figures but have decided this year to embark on a journey to play them all in the future. I'll probably never make 100 but will get close. The toughest will be Chicago due it's limited membership. I played with a member of there a few years ago who gave me his business card but I've lost it and can't even remember his name. Gutted :ROFLMAO:

I've got a stag do in Vegas next year and will be heading out early to play Riviera, San Fran and Cal Club before. Can't bloody wait!

D

Deleted member 23270

I've got a stag do in Vegas next year and will be heading out early to play Riviera, San Fran and Cal Club before. Can't bloody wait!
Are they all open to us plebs??

D

Deleted member 15344

The Old Course
RCD
Sunningdale Old and New
RSG
Royal Portrush
Swinley
Woodhall
Hoylake
Rye
St George’s Hill
Carnoustie
Cruden Bay

evemccc

Visit site
Woodhall Spa
Royal Dornoch
Muirfield
North Berwick

All have been money extremely well spent and hugely enjoyable. My high expectations exceeded.

I have no aspirations to play (or should that be ‘pay’) any US courses and I have a few of the England and Scotland classics in the pipeline

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just the 6 for me...

The Old Course
Royal St Georges
Carnoustie
Woodhall Spa
Castle Stuart
St Georges Hill

If I had the chance to play any of them again it would be Carnoustie.

Have had the opportunity to play another 3 of those listed, but circumstances dictated otherwise at the time

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Three - The Old Course; Cruden Bay, and Royal Birkdale. All played more than 25yrs ago, and of these I only paid to play the one - Cruden Bay and that was about 30yrs ago.

Once I’ve won the lottery and have money to burn maybe I will travel the country and the world and tick off a few more. But TBH playing ‘top’ courses is nowhere near the top of my life ’To-Do’ list.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
6 for me but would have been 7 if the Machrihanish was still on there.

All Uk mainland. Played plenty of courses abroad. Just none that make the cut.