How many different golf courses have you played

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

When playing with MikeH, was really amazed when he said that a guy had played IIRC 1000 different courses. :eek:

Made me make a list of the courses I have played(not been playing years), as tend to like to play different courses and played a lot of my social golf like that but disappointingly only just about made 100.:rofl:

How many different courses do you reckon you have played ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just tried to count every course I can remember playing - including nine holers - and I've probably forgotten the odd one or two, but the grand total I got was 21.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
When playing with MikeH, was really amazed when he said that a guy had played IIRC 1000 different courses. :eek:

Made me make a list of the courses I have played(not been playing years), as tend to like to play different courses and played a lot of my social golf like that but disappointingly only just about made 100.:rofl:

How many different courses do you reckon you have played ?

Just over 1000 was Rob Smith our contributing editor and courses guru. Think Jezz Ellwood is around 800 I'm down around 400 (don't keep a definitive list)

That's nothing compared to one of our Top 100 rankings advisors who is originally from Wales, then lived in Canada and now resides in the US... over 3,000! A guy called Joe Passov who is the courses and travel editor at GOLF magazine in the US is a similar number

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just over 1000 was Rob Smith our contributing editor and courses guru. Think Jezz Ellwood is around 800 I'm down around 400 (don't keep a definitive list)

I'll keep you company at the bottom of the list Mike, I'm around the 350 mark with 3 more to be added in the next fortnight :thup:

D

Deleted member 18588

Funnily enough my wife recently asked me this so I sat and worked it out.

The answer worldwide was precisely 200.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I did have a big map of the UK on the study wall and marked all the courses i'd played on it, got taken down when i last painted it but can't remember where i put it, will have to find it and see exactly how many.

D

Deleted member 21258

That's nothing compared to one of our Top 100 rankings advisors who is originally from Wales, then lived in Canada and now resides in the US... over 3,000! A guy called Joe Passov who is the courses and travel editor at GOLF magazine in the US is a similar number

Wow.:eek:
That would be one new course every day for almost 8 years:eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
73 that I can name - 46 in England/Wales and 27 in Portugal. There's definitely a few more in England that I can think of, but I can't remember their names.

2 more in England and 1 more in Portgual in the next few weeks.

D

Deleted member 1418

I've only played 5 - Links, Parkland, Heathland, Commonland and Downland!!! ;) :)