Courses played in 2023

D-S

Visit site
thats the beauty of opens, particularly ladies opens, even the dearer ones arent too bad, I played Fulford & Enville both for £30, Beau Desert & Little Aston £40 each
It’s an anomaly that has never been explained to me why Women’s Opens are priced, in many cases, far lower than Men’s. In many clubs’ calculations there is a green fee element priced into the price of an Open, hence the difference in price for a member and a visitor. I can’t imagine clubs pricing green fees differently for men and women, so why Opens?

RichA

Visit site
9 for me, 4 of which were first time visits in the southwest of England.
Favourite was Teignmouth.
Least favourite was Churston.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s an anomaly that has never been explained to me why Women’s Opens are priced, in many cases, far lower than Men’s. In many clubs’ calculations there is a green fee element priced into the price of an Open, hence the difference in price for a member and a visitor. I can’t imagine clubs pricing green fees differently for men and women, so why Opens?

I can only speak for my own club, but our ladies open is run by the ladies section and no part of the entry fee goes to the club to cover green fees. We also provide all the prizes.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Dunscar, that is an odd course, what did you think?
There's a few holes around 11 to 14 where the lie of the land (sloping heavily) and the proximity of the adjacent holes and tee boxes made it shall we say interesting. Add in I was playing it in an open so it was pretty busy so there were plenty of "Fore" shouts.

Visit site
Played over 25 different courses this year, not many by some standards on here, but the only new ones we were: Los Arqueros (forgettable), Santa Clara (not bad) and a nine hole course in Scotland called Traigh near Arisaig. Not the best course, but playing it in beautiful evening sunshine overlooking the Isles of Eigg, Muck and Rhum made it quite magical.
Best courses for the year: Hollinwell, The Hotchkin, Alwoodley, and Royal Lytham.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking back on my calendar and SkyCaddie, more than I could remember off the top of my head.

Firstly, my three home courses at Blairgowrie, Rosemount, Lansdowne and Wee Course plus Leven Links.

Next, courses that friends are members of, to which I get invited, Carnoustie (Championship, Buddon & Burnside) Gullane 1, 2 & 3, Dunbar, Lundin Links, Monifeith (Medal & Ashludie), St Andrews Jubilee, Elie, Ratho and Harburn.

Also I played Glasgow Killermont, Trump Aberdeen, Linlithgow, Murrayfield, Deer Park, Turnhouse and North Inch in opens.

Finally, in Belek I played Sultan, Pasha, Carya and Nobilis.

No wonder I don't have time for work!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
How was Harburn looking @CliveW ?
I used to play there often with a chap I used to work with. Always enjoyed it.
It has been in excellent condition this year. I think the greens have been the best I have ever seen them in over twenty years that I have played there. In fact I would rate them as good as Sunny Dunny!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It has been in excellent condition this year. I think the greens have been the best I have ever seen them in over twenty years that I have played there. In fact I would rate them as good as Sunny Dunny!
Thanks. I was actually in for the gents open there this year but something came up and I had to withdraw.
Will check it out again in 24.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Been a thin year for away golf

Cuddington
Westerham. New
Berkhamsted
Chipping Sodbury. New
Thornbury. New
Clevedon. New
Chippenham. New

Must do better next year

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seniors Opens are also often less... equally difficult to understand

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played the three courses at our gaff, and Dewsbury - all of which I've played before.

Courses I played for the first time
Scarborough SC
Leeds Golf club
Chorlton Cum Hardy
Crookhill Park
Royal Liverpool
Halifax Golf Club

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
Held the course record at Newton Green when it was 9 holes, (a long time ago) also lived opposite the old 9th green, have been back to play the 18 holes since it was upgraded, also enjoyed Colchester.

Had a few pints in the Saracens Head, wife's family lived there for ages, so that is the connection.
Hi just noticed this. 30 years ago at least. The old 9th is that the 12th or the 18th now?