Courses played in 2023

Links Lover

Visit site
44 of which 40 were new, reckon I have played more at away courses than my home course this year.

20 in England
19 in Scotland
and Conwy made up the 40.

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
Due to lack of time I have only played 5 courses, of which 3 new: Halesworth, Frinton & the most memorable, Anglesey in October. Travelled early from Suffolk to RAF Valley for a week, security passes and unloaded the van said i'm tired see you tomorrow morning. Straight to course, cost £10 for 18 holes !! Some Mondays they do this. It's different (sheep on fairway & tall gorse) I enjoyed it and would play again.

Points member at Newton Green played 15ish times. The other course was Colchester.

Happy with all of them. Next year hoping to play more and also new courses.

AussieKB

Visit site
Held the course record at Newton Green when it was 9 holes, (a long time ago) also lived opposite the old 9th green, have been back to play the 18 holes since it was upgraded, also enjoyed Colchester.

Had a few pints in the Saracens Head, wife's family lived there for ages, so that is the connection.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Big lifestyle change for me this year. Moved to Scotland in January and made redundant after 23 years in Feb. Been working a much lower paid job all hours and days which massively impacted the original golf plans. Still managed to play 17 different courses of which one became my new club and 13 were new to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

Off the top of my head, I played:
- Lindrick
- Sherwood
- Matlock
- Willesley
- Ganton
- Alwoodley
- Hollinwell
- The Hotchkin @ Woodhall Spa
- Wollaton
- Hankley Common
- Hindhead
- Chevin
- my home course Kedleston Park

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a poor year for me, a job change which was a return to being in an office full time during the week, with the odd day in the field (literally) only 2 course

Skytot

Visit site
Only 6 different courses.
Seahouses-very enjoyable 2great par3
Stand- greens fantastic
Belfry pga- rough was too tough
Pwllheli all these were new.
Conwy - great
Maesdu- just keeps improving
Denton- good greens , road noise
Sale- very enjoyable

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
2 or 3

My wife rather struggles with the idea of me paying good money to play courses not my own, when I pay £2k in subs to be able to play my own lovely track.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 scorecards this year and easily the least golf I’ve played in over a decade. So much for my 2023 resolution of getting back into it. But what I have played have all been as special as ever.

The Old Course
The Castle Course
Kingsbarns
Ladybank
Machrie

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
As best I recall, 55 courses, 13 for the first time, would have been more but must have had 10 cancelled due to weather, The vast majority were for £25 or less, thanks to opens
55 courses? Very impressive. But why bother with membership? Good lord I don't think I've played 55 times at my place in 12 months.