Best Value For Money Golf Courses

BillyGolf

Visit site
Hi All,

Planning on doing a little road trip away with the thought of playing a golf course a day. Whilst doing my research Scotland seems to be winning in terms of quality golf courses however some of the prices are extortionate, I'd only personally be willing to pay £250+ for something like St Andrews...Proper bucket list golf course.

My question is, does anybody have any recommendations for great courses with good scenery under or around £100 per round, doesn't have to be Scotland!

I've seen an offer from £190 to play Dunbar, Goswick and The Roxburghe courses which seems a decent offer, any offers like this would be great.

Thanks in advance

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Do you use twitter? I can direct you to somebody on there who will advise you with some great courses to play without breaking the bank.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Look into regional golf passports if you're headed to Scotland.

We loved the freedom of the fairways passes in the borders.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I am assuming that you would be travelling north in which case I would suggest Brancepeth Castle £45 on the way up, then The Glen North Berwick £75 and Eyemouth £40 as your destination and finish with Dunstanburgh Castle on the way home £38.
All good/great courses with mostly stunning views and of course all affordable.
Do yourself a favour and at least look at their websites.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Honestly you could spend a year in Scotland playing great value courses. Narrow it down to an area you want to play and the recommendations Will fly in.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Have a look at the 3 day unlimited ticket at St Andrews Links or the 3 course ticket at Carnoustie.

There's also Links with History ticket for some great courses in Fife.....other areas will have something similar if you look around.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I have been visiting the Moray coastline for quiet a number of years and there are many courses with costs to suit all budgets, it's a long way to get there but always well worth it.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I am assuming that you would be travelling north in which case I would suggest Brancepeth Castle £45 on the way up, then The Glen North Berwick £75 and Eyemouth £40 as your destination and finish with Dunstanburgh Castle on the way home £38.
+1 for Brancepeth, insane value and a spectacular course

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why not look at the 3 day links ticket at St Andrews. Unllimited golf on all courses in St Andys (with the exception of the old)...and whilst there, you can enter the ballot/queue for the singles line if you were willing to pay the money.
It might be £350 for the 3 days, but if that is 6 rounds of golf...it turns into very good value. I know you said one round a day, but the links ticket is likely the very best value in golf

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last year I did an away trip with some friends, The Hirsel (Coldstream) & The Roxburghe. £32 for each course, just brilliant value (Roxburghe was after 2pm for that price I think)

West Lothian GC, £37 midweek, and Bathgate GC, £40. I love West Lothian and last time I played there in an Open, crazy value, someone said Bathgate was nicer.

Harrogate area. I'm a broken record on this but try Oakdale, Knaresborough, Harrogate, Moor Allerton (take your pick). All well within your budget and all matching your brief. Plus you get the evening life of Harrogate, wonderful place.

Adding to post #7, https://www.alnmouthgolfclub.com/golf-breaks/golf-break-packages/ If you want to look at Northumberland, you can stay at this course, walk into Alnmouth (lovely coastal village), play at Foxton, Dunstanburgh and Seahouses

evemccc

Visit site
Rockcliffe do a good twilight deal — it’s supposed to be an excellent course -not played it but I’d like to :)

Again I’ve heard only good things about Eyemouth too

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi All,

Planning on doing a little road trip away with the thought of playing a golf course a day. Whilst doing my research Scotland seems to be winning in terms of quality golf courses however some of the prices are extortionate, I'd only personally be willing to pay £250+ for something like St Andrews...Proper bucket list golf course.

My question is, does anybody have any recommendations for great courses with good scenery under or around £100 per round, doesn't have to be Scotland!

I've seen an offer from £190 to play Dunbar, Goswick and The Roxburghe courses which seems a decent offer, any offers like this would be great.

Thanks in advance
Might be worth checking individual deals. Dunbar and Goswick do twilight deals that might save you money.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Glen at NB is not worth £75 apart from the views in my opinion.
A great value deal used to be available to play Gullane 2 & 3.