Any members that can sign me on, or would like to join me? Top 100 Scotland

TigerTime

Visit site
Hello all,

As I mentioned in another thread, I am currently trying to complete the Scottish Top 100 (with a few notable extras thrown in from NI&Ireland to replace some of the unachievable Scottish places like Skibo etc)

I have completed 10/100 so far. I'd be very grateful if anyone on here is able to sign me on as a guest at any of the following courses. Having looked through the green fees on my list, some of them are astronomical. Whilst I have not set a time limit for this task, I think for any realistic chance of completing it I'm going to need to be signed on a few places as green fees are through the roof. A lot of these are accessible as a solo player but some you need a minimum of two players.

Or, if anyone would like to join me on any courses, you are more than welcome. Perhaps if there's enough interest can get a 4 ball going in some places. Most of these I am going to need to do solo, as my golfing group won't do them all. If there's even enough interest, could possibly arrange a trip/day out.

10 completed - Old Course, Elie, Archerfield Fidra, Gullane 2 & 3, Southerness, Leven Links, Roxburghe, Glen, Cragielaw

To play (any order, any time)-
Turnberry
Muirfield,
Royal Dornoch,
North Berwick,
Carnoustie,
Kingsbarns,
Royal Aberdeen,
Trump Aberdeen,
Royal Troon,
Prestwick,
Gleneagles Kings, Queens & PGA,
Dumbarnie,
Western Gailes,
Machrihanish,
Nairn,
Machrie,
Gullane 1,
Machrihanish Dunes,
St Andrews New/Castle/Dukes/Jubilee/Torrance/Kittocks/Eden,
Brora,
Dundonald,
Moray Old,
Panmure,
Lundin Links,
Blairgowrie Rosemount,
Murcar Links,
Boat of Garten,
Trump Turnberry KRTB,
Dunbar,
Luffness,
Spey Valley,
Fraserburgh,
Glasgow Gailes,
Ladybank,
Archerfield Dirleton,
Montrose 1562,
Scotscraig,
Monifieth Medal,
Nairn Dunbar,
Irvine,
Prestwick St.Nicholas,
Kilspindie,
West Kilbride,
Crail Balcomie,
Golspie,
Peterhead,
Downfield,
Longniddry,
Lanark,
Blairgowrie Landsdowne,
Fortrose & Rosemarkie,
Barassie,
Crail Craighead,
Kings Inverness,
East Renfrewshire,
Newmachar Hawkshill,
Bruntsfield Links,
Mortonhall,
Monktonhall,
Powfoot,
Tain,
Askernish,
Moray New,
Kilmacolm,
Glenbervie,
Edzell Old,
Meldrum House,
Reay,
Royal Burgess,
Duff House Royal,
Forfar,
Ranfurly Castle,
Carrick,
Portpatrick Dunskey,
Cathkin Braes,
Cawder Championship

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I can get you on Ladybank when I’m on a day off.

Kingsbarns has no members, you won’t get on there at a discount unless you have a links ticket at St Andrews or are a member of the Kingsbarns golf society. Anything else is a full green fee.

Skibo is not unattainable, at least not last I heard. It’s not cheap, but they do or did, one fourball a day for Joe Public. Last I heard it was a £1k ticket for the fourball.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

Kingsbarns has no members, you won’t get on there at a discount unless you have a links ticket at St Andrews or are a member of the Kingsbarns golf society. Anything else is a full green fee.

Skibo is not unattainable, at least not last I heard. It’s not cheap, but they do or did, one fourball a day for Joe Public. Last I heard it was a £1k ticket for the fourball.
Isn't it half price (still expensive I know) for Scottish residents at Kingsbarns?

TigerTime

Visit site
You'll stand a much better chance of getting a member's invite to these high priced/ exclusive clubs if you're a member at another high priced/exclusive club, so that you can offer to return the favour.
Of course. I'd always be happy to host at my home club. Unfortunately I wouldn't classify it as high priced or exclusive. I've been looking into country membership options for some of the more exclusive/reputable courses in the country, but most if not all have waiting lists. I'm on a couple of those, so will see what comes of that but it will take a few years. And I must note, I was mostly thinking of those courses in the list that aren't high priced/exclusive. The ones more in the lowerhalf of the list I was thinking of to be signed on.

TigerTime

Visit site

That would be great mate, and very much appreciated, and of course, happy to reciprocate if you ever fancied a knock in Midlothian.

Yeah, I was aware of Kingsbarns. Just like in my post one up from this, I was more thinking of the courses further down the list.

I e-mailed Skibo, and was informed they are not allowing any visitors. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Would love clarity on this if possible. Would save me a decent wedge!
They don't advertise it but pretty sure if you get in touch with them they'll confirm it is available....though you'll only be able to book 7 days in advance.

North Berwick also have a reduced Scottish Golf rate that they don't openly advertise, but it is available.

The Lion

Visit site
They don't advertise it but pretty sure if you get in touch with them they'll confirm it is available....though you'll only be able to book 7 days in advance.

North Berwick also have a reduced Scottish Golf rate that they don't openly advertise, but it is available.
Any idea what that rate might be? I know they have one for East Lothian golfers though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is Loch Lomond not rated top 100?
It's an exclusive club members, you can't pay and play. Most lists don't include places like that, they have to be available for everyday golfers to play. Also missing from these lists are the likes of Wentworth, Renaissance and no doubt other courses that I don't know about because I don't mix in those circles 😄

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It's an exclusive club members, you can't pay and play. Most lists don't include places like that, they have to be available for everyday golfers to play. Also missing from these lists are the likes of Wentworth, Renaissance and no doubt other courses that I don't know about because I don't mix in those circles 😄

Well, here I was thinking they'd let you on because you always pay your debts.