Top 5 on your Bucket list?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Formby Ladies
Royal Lytham and St. Anne's
Noth Berwick
Valderamma
Askernish (South Uist) ... if you haven't heard about it, look it up. It has a fascinating story behind it: it's an Old Tom Morris design which had been abandoned and forgotten about until some local golf enthusiasts decided to revive it, making it maybe the most authentic traditional links course in the world.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure what your expectation is but if my experience is any guide....it'll blow you away :D I love playing there

Its much more 'playable' now than it was a few years back with 18 very different holes. Huge fun to play and even the 'weakest' hole (par 3 15th) will mess with your eyes as its nowhere near as short as it looks and the 18th now as a choice of two greens to go at depending on the comp

Keep it on your list

Oh and its re-branded now as Ile Aux Cerfs GC as its no longer tied to the old (now refurbished) Le Touessrok hotel

Hopefully it is attainable we’re throwing some big party at the end of summer and apparently it’s tradition that you go on a big holiday soon after, so I’m trying (and having some success) to convince the boss that Mauritius might be the best place - next I’ve got to convince her my clubs need to come along!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm going:

St Andrews Old - Want to go back and take it in again
North Berwick
Woburn - I'll cheat and say a day playing Duke's and Duchess given I've played Marquess
Grans-sur-sierra
Valderamma

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Askernish (South Uist) ... if you haven't heard about it, look it up. It has a fascinating story behind it: it's an Old Tom Morris design which had been abandoned and forgotten about until some local golf enthusiasts decided to revive it, making it maybe the most authentic traditional links course in the world.

Good call 👍 Skratch did a nice piece on it..
Interesting stuff :thup:

https://youtu.be/xhMc-mVFz_M

Check out @Skratch’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Skratch/status/910156560176865281?s=09

D

Deleted member 1147

The Old Course, St Andrews
Royal Dornoch
Royal County Down
Monte Rei
Bro Hoff Splott

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
No particular order, these top my list

Ils Aux Cerfs
Green Monkey (Barbados)
Hirono Golf Course (Kobe, Japan)
Old Head of Kinsale
Fuji Kogen Golf Course (at the foot of Mt Fuji in Shizuoka Japan - the one Bill Murray tees off in the film Lost in Translation)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Valderrama
Finca Cortesin
Harbour Town
Birkdale
Waterville

Having watched Mark Crossfield play in Iceland, I would love be to play there.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First thoughts:-

Cape kidnappers (NZ)
Muirfield
Royal troon (only have to play Mussulburgh then to have done all 14 open courses)
Crans sur siere (Switzerland)
Kiawah island in the week I go to see the masters.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully it is attainable we’re throwing some big party at the end of summer and apparently it’s tradition that you go on a big holiday soon after, so I’m trying (and having some success) to convince the boss that Mauritius might be the best place - next I’ve got to convince her my clubs need to come along!

Without wishing to derail the thread, we went to Mauritius for part of our "post party holiday". We did a safari in South Africa and then Mauritius, a week in each more or less. The Oberoi in Mauritius was exceptional, I highly recommend.

I didn't make it to the golf coure at il aux cerf, but did make it to the place, it's stunning.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good call 👍 Skratch did a nice piece on it..
Interesting stuff :thup:

https://youtu.be/xhMc-mVFz_M

Check out @Skratch’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Skratch/status/910156560176865281?s=09

Askernish is a course that is wonderfully tough in the inevitable wind. The rough just off the fairway will make finding a ball extremely difficult but the views on the coast side are wonderful.

My favourite holes are the 7th - Cabinet Minister and 16th - Old Tom's Pulpit.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'll love Lahich pal we played there 3 weeks ago, a lot of blind tee shots on the front 9.

Old Head of Kinsale
RCD
Carne and Enniscrone
Ballybunnion Old
Royal Dornoch

My of my managers lives in Ireland when not working and is a member of carne. Ravs about it.. day Ticket he was saying is like €150 euros as the yanks pay it.. his membership was €300 euros I think he said

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
My of my managers lives in Ireland when not working and is a member of carne. Ravs about it.. day Ticket he was saying is like €150 euros as the yanks pay it.. his membership was €300 euros I think he said

Saw a few youtube clips of John Garrity of sports illustrated raving about it. Forgot about Askernish watched the Skratch clips on it, we looked at going 2 years ago for there Open weekend but the dates didn't work out.