louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Abbeydale - Stunning
Pike Fold - Love it to bits
Ormskirk - Amazing
Lindrick - Lovely place to be able to play golf at, and a real test of golf
Crompton And Royton - Hidden gem.

No need to go paying bonkers prices. All of these are superb places to play golf.
C&R is a great course, I cant make my mind up about Pike Fold although I have played it a few times

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
the top 5 courses I have played for the first time in 2023

Hollinwell, stunning, probably the best inland course i have played so far
Alwoodley, very nice but didn't quite live up to my expectations.
Burnham Beeches, a rare trip dahn sarth, very enjoyable
Enville, a nice mix of heathland and woodland
Fulford, on hottest day of the year

Special mention
Anstruther, lovely little 9 hole course not far from St Andrews (alleged has the toughest par 3 in the uk)

|I forgot about Cavendish

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Carnoustie Championship
Wallasey
Hillside
Vale de Lobo Ocean
Southport and Ainsdale
I think I've played seven courses this year. Maybe more, but - you know - short term memory issues these days.

I'll leave out home club and Crow's home club - both fine courses, however.

Luffenham Heath
Hinckley
Radcliffe on Trent
Belton Park
Windmill Hill (Milton Keynes)

Hoping to play Shifnal next year so that I can leave that off this list as well. Must play 5 others though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I've played seven courses this year. Maybe more, but - you know - short term memory issues these days.

I'll leave out home club and Crow's home club - both fine courses, however.

Luffenham Heath
Hinckley
Radcliffe on Trent
Belton Park
Windmill Hill (Milton Keynes)

Hoping to play Shifnal next year so that I can leave that off this list as well. Must play 5 others though. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We'll get that game sorted we talked about in the Spring 😉😅.
45 different courses including Shiffers and 19 new ones ,ooh might start a new thread 😀

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
This thread has really brought it home to me that I've played less golf this year since sometime back in the 1980s when I was still playing football.
Hope I can do better next year, but I always accept how life goes and try not to get down about it or rail against it.

What has cheered me somewhat is to see others' choices of best 5 from a large number and see some courses I have played many many years ago.
Langland Bay and Fairwood Park more than 50 years ago. Seaton Carew and Ganton more than 40 years ago.
Doesn't matter whether it was this year or many years ago. Its in the past and I hope we all enjoyed it a lot.
And I hope we all enjoy it a lot next year.

Reactions: Zig

CountLippe

Visit site
That's a tasty 5. Were 4 of those a trip or do you live up that way?
They were on a trip. I've played Trump a couple of times from different tees - superb design - A 20+ handicapper can enjoy it and a plus golfer can get beaten up. As a course it feels manufactured rather than natural - the turf isn't particulaly linksy, but you can tell your on a world heritage site. Totally understand why locals where up in arms about it.

Royal Aberdeen and Murcar are basically on the same plot of land, the coastal holes are fantastic, Murcar just has one or 2 weaker holes and a smaller greenkeeping budget.

Arriving at Cruden for the first time, you step out into the car park which is set above the course, and the view is just breathtaking. Quality, quirky golf course where you could spend all day taking pictures.