JCB
Beau Desert
Amondoeira (O’Connor)
Pennard
Carden Park (Nicklaus)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Been quite a reserved year in regards to trying other courses! Goals for a lot more travels in 2024!

1) Hankley Common
2) Brampton
3) Farnham Golf Club
4) Alexander Park
5) Grims Dyke

D-S

Visit site
Teeth of the Dog
Punta Espada
Els Dubai
Jumeirah Earth
Hayling Island
Honourable mention to Haut Poitou purely because it had an escalator from 18th green to the clubhouse - something many courses need.

sunshine

Visit site
Wasn’t a marquee year for me course wise. I’ll pick these as my top 5 of the year

Parador El Saler
Royal Troon
Dundonald
West Kilbride
Barassie

Hmm… bit of an Ayrshire theme…
is this list in any particular order? Interesting that you have el saler at the top (like me)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This thread has me thinking.... Between the forum, I wonder how close we are to playing every course in the UK..... Could we achieve that in 2024? 👀

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a quite year for me course wise, only really played places im a member and a couple of others that i play, or at least played regularly

in no particular order

Nairn
Royal Dornoch
Castle Stuart
Tain
Cruden

Links Lover

Visit site
Been lucky enough to play 40 new courses this year despite it being a hectic year and suffering with some injuries, so quite happy with that. Top 5:

Muirfield - just an absolute masterpiece of links golf and worthy of it's place amongst the world's elite courses. Fabulous lunch and a warm welcome too, which I was a little apprehensive about after reading some reviews.
Royal Birkdale - played it on a glorious February morning with no winter restrictions, practically had the course to myself too. Without doubt the toughest course I have played.
Prestwick - did the full "Prestwick Experience" and I would say the best 'golf day' I have had to date. Everything perfect and the course is such great fun, a must-play for anyone passionate about the game and it's history.
Royal St George's - played it a month ago and it was immaculate. Admittedly I didn't play from the Championship tees, but thought it was a very playable and fair track. Really understated place, not snobby at all.
Prestwick St Nicholas - I've noticed it gaining some traction on social media recently, a lovely links course to pair up with it's illustrious neighbour.

Honourable mention - The Bradford GC. Played an open here in summer on a baking hot day, what a gem it is too.

D

Deleted member 1147

This thread has me thinking.... Between the forum, I wonder how close we are to playing every course in the UK..... Could we achieve that in 2024? 👀
Historically or in the one year?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My top 5 this year in no particular order:

Kingsbarns
Murcar
Thracian Cliffs
Dunbar
Berkshire Red

Edit: need top 6 to include Gotemba, otherwise have to drop Dunbar

Last edited:

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Mine are:

Woburn - The Dukes
Hankley Common
Farnham
Frilford Heath - Red
Moor Park - High Course

Notable mentions to Huntercombe and Burnham Beeches too.
I've just realised, I forgot Secret Valley GC in Cyprus, that's definitely in the Top 5, probably in place of Farnham, sadly.