Top 5 on your Bucket list?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Give me a shout when you over and if you want a game at my place I can sign you all on. If you time it right you might get to play Glashedy when the stands are still up from the Irish Open but I would need to book the tee times well in advance.

I emailed Lahinch, Tralee & Doonbeg last week and all came back at 200+ and not a pennies discount for GUI members which most other clubs do offer, so that’s a no go of a trip until I make some contacts 

Cheers pal ,only 3 of us coming over first week in september , Doonbeg went from 195 to 50 euro the middle of october , Tralee we played last year which was stunning we played on there shoulder rate, its getting crazy down there for the Yanks who think if its not 150 euro plays then it aint worth playing

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thankfully I have played a few of the courses mentioned on here by others. Old Course, Royal Troon, Carnoustie, Muirfield, Gleneagles and North Berwick. No offence intended but although NB is a lovely club it doesn't seem that great a course overall to me.

Courses (attainable) I want to play include:
1. Kingsbarns
2. Castle Stewart
3. Turnberry (after Trump sells it)
4. Dornoch
5. A top course in England.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Royal St George's, next year.
Muirfield
Carnoustie
Pebble Beach
PineHurst
Valderrama will be bumped up when RSG is done.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Surprised quite a few have the Old at St Andrews, think most of you will be disappointed if and when you do :D Carnoustie on the other hand won't but bring your A game to town, you'll need it :swing:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Surprised quite a few have the Old at St Andrews, think most of you will be disappointed if and when you do :D Carnoustie on the other hand won't but bring your A game to town, you'll need it :swing:
There is no way in earth anyone should be disappointed by the Old Course. It is AMAZING

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The new is a far better course.

That may be, but the whole experience of the Old made it worthwhile. From waiting and watching others tee off, to meeting the caddies and walking to the tee. The nerves on the first with everyone watching, the 25mph wind, the rain, hail and everything else it threw at us. Driving over the hotel to middle of the fairway, hitting a parked truck on the side of 18 and bouncing back into play 🤣. Total bucket list material and well worth it.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My five would be
Old Course St Andrews,
Carnoustie,
Pebble Beach, heading out on holiday next year, so may be achievable.
Cruden Bay and
Machrie.

Like others, see, to have been fortunate to play a good few courses on others bucket lists

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not it isn't. New is good, but Old is better.

Things must have changed since we used to play it every week then a good few years back as we would always choose the New over the Old, granted the history and the walk down the first and up 17/18 is special but other than that, it's a rubbish course, but of course this is just my opinion from someone who has played it dozens of times, what do I know eh :ears:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Things must have changed since we used to play it every week then a good few years back as we would always choose the New over the Old, granted the history and the walk down the first and up 17/18 is special but other than that, it's a rubbish course, but of course this is just my opinion from someone who has played it dozens of times, what do I know eh :ears:

Yes it is just your opinion, you may struggle to find many people that agree with you.