need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

sunshine

Visit site
Been lucky enough to play 40 new courses this year despite it being a hectic year and suffering with some injuries, so quite happy with that. Top 5:

Muirfield - just an absolute masterpiece of links golf and worthy of it's place amongst the world's elite courses. Fabulous lunch and a warm welcome too, which I was a little apprehensive about after reading some reviews.
Royal Birkdale - played it on a glorious February morning with no winter restrictions, practically had the course to myself too. Without doubt the toughest course I have played.
Prestwick - did the full "Prestwick Experience" and I would say the best 'golf day' I have had to date. Everything perfect and the course is such great fun, a must-play for anyone passionate about the game and it's history.
Royal St George's - played it a month ago and it was immaculate. Admittedly I didn't play from the Championship tees, but thought it was a very playable and fair track. Really understated place, not snobby at all.
Prestwick St Nicholas - I've noticed it gaining some traction on social media recently, a lovely links course to pair up with it's illustrious neighbour.

Honourable mention - The Bradford GC. Played an open here in summer on a baking hot day, what a gem it is too.

Great list.

Funny how we all find courses different depending on how it’s set up, the weather, how we play. I found Birkdale really playable, but thought RSG was really tough with lots of long intimidating carries required off the tee

Zig

Visit site
Haven't played any 'biggies' this year (not got as much golf in as usual), but top 5 would be: Carne, Ballyliffin Glashedy, Moortown, Silloth, Seaton Carew.

Carne though, ten years since I was last there, might be my favourite in the world. :)

sunshine

Visit site
Yeah I think it’s in rough order. Really liked el Saler apart from the 6th that I never did better than a double bogey on in 6 attempts 😱

6 attempts, that was some trip!
The 6th is a brutally tough hole, can’t think of many holes where I flush driver and have no chance of getting on the green in two.