Tigers back.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sorry for the pun, but Tigers doctor has now told him he can now smash it. After all the ops on his back, he is back. Time will tell but I hope so.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think a lot hope he gets back playing on tour but how competitive he'll be is a guess. I fancy he'll continue to see Saturdays and Sundays golf on telly for a while yet.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
thats the problem him trying to smash it... smooth and within yourself and he would have been fine;)

This. Hope he can transfer the smooth, controlled swing that we see on the range, to the course in tournament play. Because last time, he couldn't.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sorry for the pun, but Tigers doctor has now told him he can now smash it. After all the ops on his back, he is back. Time will tell but I hope so.

Until next week when he's crocked again.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he stays fit and contends, but I can't see it.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I hope he will be coming back, but I really think it is a long long way from hitting a few drives down the range for the camera to playing full four day PGA tour events.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger in full flow was something to behold ,but I dont see him back to his best again .we will see flashes of brilliance from him and hopefully for long enough for him to win on tour again ,i think that a Tiger win would be good for golf ,and really hope he can pull it off .
I cant see him playing this year but will be getting himself ready for the Masters thats for sure.
GOOD LUCK TIGER.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I would love to see TW make a comeback but sadly I dont think its his back that the only issue,between the ears is going to need a lot of work also......
I wonder if he'll tee it up at his own event the Hero World Challenge?

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Be all you will see on the tv coverage even when he's playing gash and other players will be shooting the lights out.

He won't be competitive again imo

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Be all you will see on the tv coverage even when he's playing gash and other players will be shooting the lights out.

He won't be competitive again imo

Sadly, I think you are spot on here, the TV companies seem to think Tiger cussing or going for a comfort break is better TV than watching the tournament leader make an eagle

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Admittedly I'm a cynic but I think this video is as much as anything about him staying relevant

It'd be great if he could actually challenge again but I fear his body's broken, head's gone and the game's moved on and he's not feared and revered like he used to be

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Admittedly I'm a cynic but I think this video is as much as anything about him staying relevant

It'd be great if he could actually challenge again but I fear his body's broken, head's gone and the game's moved on and he's not feared and revered like he used to be

I've got a mail here - can you get your hammer on it?

People need to chill out about Tiger. He's hitting the ball again, he's swinging a club..
Even for Tiger, the journey back to contending on a Sunday is a massive one.
He's not really played competitively for 2 or 3 years, he hasn't played for months...
If he comes back - great, I'll be as happy as anyone
But please, let's wait until he actually starts playing, makes some cuts and gets to a Sunday, let alone contend, before we announce the 3rd or even 4th coming .......
The hysteria that surrounds Tiger wouldn't look out of place and a One D concert........

D

Deleted member 15344

At the moment Golf is full of young golfers making their mark on the game , they are hitting the ball further , scoring lower and people are getting excited about seeing certain players tee up each week.

Woods relevance within the sport is low right now so releasing these videos etc is trying to ensure people don’t forget about him

Woods legacy is untouchable - he is right up there just behind Big Jack - he doesn’t need to prove to anyone about his game. I don’t think he can tear himself away from the game when I suspect his body needs to before he does some really serious damage.

I will be amazed if this latest comeback will amount to anything beyond a few top 10’s and being the fierce competitor he is I can see him pushing himself too far to try and keep up with guys 20 years his junior.

Good luck to him but I can see him and his fans being very disappointmented with the outcome of the return

D

Deleted member 16999

Good luck to any sports person in any sport trying to return to the top level in their sport after anything like the injuries and problems he’s had in his life.

Maybe he can stay injury free and be competitive in readiness for the Seniors Tour in a few years time.

U

User62651

Everyone loves a comeback, would be nice to see him compete again. I'm sceptical he can, always seems to overdo it trying to hit miracle shots. Next tournament -

Caddie - "smooth 5 iron shot boss, just like the range?"
Tiger - "no, give me an 9 iron so I can hit it into orbit and hospitalise myself again".

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I hope he comes back and contends!

I'm not particularly confident on the contending though! He was pretty much unique in his approach to Golf during his dominant period - dragging his contemporaries into the 'fitness based' sport that modern Golf is! But now every golfer is (also) an athlete and he's now an 'over 40 year old' one - if that's not mutually exclusive!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is it just me or does this have parallels with the demise of Seve. An absolute icon and bedrock of the European Tour but a man also plagued by serious injuries including a damaged back, who tried to struggle on, coming back several times to limited effect because he felt he couldn't let the tour and golf go. In the end, he was forced to concede defeat to the pain and the damage and call time on the career and isn't this the same with Woods.

Much as I wanted to see Seve come back and be as he was in his pomp, and as much as Woods has done so much for the game in a generation, isn't it time Woods accepted that his body is broken and there's no need to play in pain. I hope he can find inner peace, retire with grace and continue to have an involvement in the game