Tigers back.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
At the moment Golf is full of young golfers making their mark on the game , they are hitting the ball further , scoring lower and people are getting excited about seeing certain players tee up each week.

Woods relevance within the sport is low right now so releasing these videos etc is trying to ensure people don’t forget about him

Woods legacy is untouchable - he is right up there just behind Big Jack - he doesn’t need to prove to anyone about his game. I don’t think he can tear himself away from the game when I suspect his body needs to before he does some really serious damage.

I will be amazed if this latest comeback will amount to anything beyond a few top 10’s and being the fierce competitor he is I can see him pushing himself too far to try and keep up with guys 20 years his junior.

Good luck to him but I can see him and his fans being very disappointmented with the outcome of the return

This.

Spieth, McIlroy, Thomas etc have Tiger to thank for the purses that they are currently playing for. Tiger brought golf back into the US and world limelight at a time when attendances, participation and sponsorship was all dwindling.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
If tiger eased off, waited till the senior tour, he could clean up for 5 years. Although big Phil might have something to say about it.

D

Deleted member 1418

This thread could go the same way as the Article 50 one.................!! ;) :whistle: :whoo:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The cynic in me reckons he keeps announcing these 'comebacks' to keep the sponsorship money coming in.

It will be annoying if, as others have said, the TV coverage is all about him even if he's +7, but I can absolutely see that happening.

Tiger Woods

Medal Winner
Visit site
Somebody call? :cool: You will all see me in December where I will be teeing it up at the Hero.

Remember I'm the greatest player to ever play the game you lot suck at so be carful to write me off ;)

TIGER MANIA WILL RETURN TO YOUR SCREENS!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I, for one would love to see him come back AND challenge. Golf has a lot to thank him for

I would too and the pros today owe Woods a massive debt for what he did for the game and the purses at stake these days. However, I do fear that for him to really challenge, and regularly, his body and mind both have to hold up. I'm not sure they will

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why don’t you ask? I put my career earnings on you to never hit single figures @1/1000,0000 Easy money.
Maybe that’s where your going wrong Mr Woods, sir. You need to chart your recovery on a blog or maybe a YouTube channel then these fellas may believe that you’re back!
Drop me a line if you’re ever in the UK and we can go out for a couple of cheeky beers. I’m aware of a couple of establishments that you’d like to frequent and I’ll make sure the clientele is up to standard;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Will be good to see him back if he can compete and not just make up the numbers.
The raging cynic in me says Tiger's realised he's got virtually no World ranking points so needs to get some....😙

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Will be interesting to see him back. Is this one of those without a cut so hardly a risk? Hopefully this time he'll be fully ready and its not a false dawn again. Another injury and I'm afraid I think he's done then

Yup no cut, so its a good place to start. 4 rounds for sure to get the reps in as he would say. Hopefully this is the actual comeback with no more set backs.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hopefully it’s a comeback that lasts but, how far can he come back? Top 10’s PGA tour wins? A competing force in the majors?

Personally I think golf is better with him playing than without however I can’t see him competing for honours at the very top level again.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Will be good to see him back if he can compete and not just make up the numbers.
The raging cynic in me says Tiger's realised he's got virtually no World ranking points so needs to get some....😙

I suspect he'd be ok for sponsor invites for a couple decades and probably eligible for all the majors for a good few years too ;)

Here's hoping he can at least play pain free from now on so we can see what level he's capable of

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
I suspect he'd be ok for sponsor invites for a couple decades and probably eligible for all the majors for a good few years too ;)

Here's hoping he can at least play pain free from now on so we can see what level he's capable of

His exemption for the US open only lasts until 2018.