The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
What a second half from a United I've not seen for many years.
Is Ten Hag a genius ................. or a lucky manager.
Right now, I just don't care!

He may be short of genius status just at the moment, but he’s still the best thing to happen at the club for ten years. The turnaround in playing style, team spirit, confidence and the atmosphere around the club all flows from his appointment.

I’m up again next Wednesday and cannot wait to be there. It’s a long, long time since I’ve enjoyed being a United fan as much as I do right now.

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
thought Man U were very impressive and have been for sometime now.

Even for all Barca's first half dominance they never made it pay and created very little...even less in the second half where they barely made it out of the dressing room.

Relatively easy night in the end for United....think they will be licking their lips in anticipation for Sunday against an opponent who are sluggish and devoid of any goal threat.

Swango1980

Visit site
thought Man U were very impressive and have been for sometime now.

Even for all Barca's first half dominance they never made it pay and created very little...even less in the second half where they barely made it out of the dressing room.

Relatively easy night in the end for United....think they will be licking their lips in anticipation for Sunday against an opponent who are sluggish and devoid of any goal threat.
I get excited and apprehensive before each game in equal measure. But, better than the depression I felt for previous few seasons.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ten Hag is doing a tremendous job at Man United, I’ve got to say it was hard to see the turnaround so quickly.
If they get the Qatar investment, you’ve got to think they can push on again.

It's amazing what getting rid of bad attitudes can do, and then signing players as much on character as ability. Even seeing the buzz on social media from the players is amazing.....Players are finally playing for the shirt.

Swango1980

Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64730932

A really interesting read for anyone remotely interested in the transformation of United under Ten Hag.
People still criticise the Rangnick appointment. But, even when it was dire at the end of last season and people slagging that decision, I still couldn't help but feel it was actually a good decision in the long term, and defended it.

Ole was a disaster. I know his early form tricked us all into thinking he might actually be a surprise talent, but they jumped hastily into giving him a longer term contract instead of waiting for the summer, and then everything changed. And, we were stuck with him, even when it was painfully obvious he was out of his depth. When he was relieved of his duties, we could have just tried to snap up one of the few available managers in Conte. Personally, that would not have excited me at all, even though he is miles better than Ole. I'd have sooner written off the season (which I pretty much already had done), get a temporary person in and really do a diligent search for a proper manager. From the very start Rangnick position was made clear, that he would be caretaker manager and then move upstairs at end of season. In other words, there was a long term plan to keep him interested while he was manager, but there was no thought in his mind he might genuinely become full time manager. Mind you, had he got us into the Champions League, maybe the temptation would still be there, so it could be a blessing in disguise we were rubbish under him.

I didn't know much about ten Hag in all honesty, but heard good things. Poch seemed like a good fit, as he had done for a few years. So, I was torn between the two, especially as Poch hadn't exactly lit the world alight at PSG. But, when ten Hag was appinted, I was quite excited as he did sound like the first manager since Sir Alex that fits the profile of manager I'd like to see. As I sit here today, I am absolutely delighted we chose ten Hag. Given the criticism the club have received over the years, credit where credit is due. Looks like they have done a blinder.