The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That ball is just ugly!

Miss the Nike yellow ball from 2003 think it was.

Interested to see what the var review is

Like the 5 subs staying for a season. Players will still be worked harder than normal so makes sense to keep things fresh

The window for buisness for premier League to EFL is interesting considering most of our business is going to be from the championship we could nick everyone's players mid season

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Anyone got any thoughts on last seasons error with Hawkeye?:p

This could be something that picks up pace. Sheffield United don’t seem too bothered though and it’s only the relegated clubs that do.

I hope it comes to nothing though as it would cause all sorts of issues with such a small time frame to the start of the new season

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone got any thoughts on last seasons error with Hawkeye?:p

think the best bouremouth will get is a payout from hawkeye over their mistake..

however arent bouremouth due a points deduction next time they go to the championship? due to breaking FFP the season they got promoted?

D

Deleted member 16999

How many more posts will it take to get onto page 2 and get rid of that picture? It is sooooo 2019/20 and this is 2020/21 :D
If someone (papas ;)) hadn’t changed the forum “unwritten” rule of not starting the next season’s thread until the fixtures are announced, we wouldn’t be in this predicament. ??

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If someone (papas ;)) hadn’t changed the forum “unwritten” rule of not starting the next season’s thread until the fixtures are announced, we wouldn’t be in this predicament. ??

Doesnt matter until 10 games in anyway. :p

Right, here's the first sensible post, it will be lonely come this time next year. :D

I dont agree with the 5 subs rule, generally as favours the richer clubs/bigger squads which tend to populate the top half of the table, plus Everton.;)

But.....

With a late start to the season, not sure if a mid-winter break will still be in place, so could be a health/injury risk to the players as the season goes on, so what could be done to lessen that "advantage"?

Off the top of my head, thinking:-

3 of the 7 squad of subs have to be under 20, and if signed from another club have to be of a value less than, say £10 million.

Only 3 of the 5 subs that can be used can be used outwith the above, unless due to a goalkeeper change/injury.

Discuss....... or just agree with me, as its at least sensible. :LOL::unsure:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Right, here's the first sensible post, it will be lonely come this time next year. :D

I dont agree with the 5 subs rule, generally as favours the richer clubs/bigger squads which tend to populate the top half of the table, plus Everton.;)

But.....

With a late start to the season, not sure if a mid-winter break will still be in place, so could be a health/injury risk to the players as the season goes on, so what could be done to lessen that "advantage"?

3 of the 7 squad of subs have to be under 20, and if signed from another club have to be of a value less than, say £10 million.

Only 3 of the 5 subs that can be used can be used outwith the above, unless due to a goalkeeper change/injury.

I think the 5 subs is here for more season with the lack of pre season, quite like your rules but no chance the big boys agree to that

OK one part to add for me, should be specific sub windows in the match and cant use subs at any other time other than due to injury. Subs at HT 60 mins 80 mins or not at all to stop club using substitutions to time waste/break up the game

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the 5 subs is here for more season with the lack of pre season, quite like your rules but no chance the big boys agree to that

OK one part to add for me, should be specific sub windows in the match and cant use subs at any other time other than due to injury. Subs at HT 60 mins 80 mins or not at all to stop club using substitutions to time waste/break up the game
The problem with this is footballers and managers are cheats quite frankly and players would just fake injury in order to enable the substitution to take place. It is sad to be so cynical but we see it every week. Better enforcement of the substituted player leaving at the nearest exit point of the pitch and adding time on to allow for the subs would help with the late substitution time wasting.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The problem with this is footballers and managers are cheats quite frankly and players would just fake injury in order to enable the substitution to take place. It is sad to be so cynical but we see it every week. Better enforcement of the substituted player leaving at the nearest exit point of the pitch and adding time on to allow for the subs would help with the late substitution time wasting.

I got a whole list of rules and punishments to introduce for the cheats ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Yep agree, sensibility breeds sensibility. :D(y)

D

Deleted member 1740

But.....

Why do you make everything so complicated?

??

D

Deleted member 1740

I believe so, but neither does capitalism with a social conscience, either. But hey, ho.(y)

Socilaism only works when it benefits Capitalism.
Anyway that's enough of politics before you know who pipes up.