The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
was hardly a classic

Leipzig didnt turn up first half, second half they were the better side but City were very poor going forward, constantly turning back rather than trying to break the line

Shouldve been a pen at the death mind

No one said it was a classic but it was not awful either 😉

Swango1980

Visit site
Awful game 😳😂😂😂👍
From my perspective, it was awful in terms of entertainment. That is not necessarily the same as being an awful performance from both sides. An away draw for City is no disaster.

Large parts of the game just seemed to involve City passing it sideways time and time again, keeping possession. There seemed to be a complete inability or lack of desire to feed chances to Haaland, and they weren't exactly creating chance after chance for other players. Improved a little for a while in second half when opposition made a bit of a game of it.

Still confused Pep made no subs? Surely with his bench, and the tactical genius he apparently has, could he have not found the players to freshen things up and find a way to improve his odds of winning?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
the government are setting up an independent football body to make sure clubs are financially vaible and the heritage of a club is looked after.

Let's hope they don't base the "independence" on the OFGEM model

Swango1980

Visit site
Nice to see that VAR is as crap in Europe as the Premier league.
Trying to figure out what the protocol is with VAR reviews at the very end of the game. In the PL, on one of the very first weekends of VAR, I remember a review and reversal of decision was made after the final whistle.

But, is that the case now? Is it the case in Europe? Once the final whistle had gone, and managers started shaking hands and players generally walking off the pitch, I did feel there is absolutely no chance VAR would or could change anything. Imagine if some players were already walking down the tunnel, a large number of fans left the stadium and then suddenly the game was restarted for a penalty. Chaos. You might have fans rushing back into the stadium to see what is going on, whilst others feel like they've been robbed of seeing the match-winning moment (or saving moment).

I'd have thought a better protocol would be for the ref to do a single blow of the whistle when it was full-time, but acknowledging he'd allow VAR to make that check. If VAR said it was OK, then the double blow of the whistle, otherwise carry out the review on the monitor.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I may be a voice in the wilderness, but I thought Motty went on way too long. Great in his heyday, and knew his stuff inside out, but I couldn’t help feeling he was rather left behind as the game, and the broadcasting of it, moved on.

Still a very sad day though, as he was involved in the broadcast of many of the best games I saw growing up, which I still recall today.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jordan Pickford has just signed a new contract at Everton. He was coming up to 1 yr left this summer. He either stays, good, or gets sold for a decent fee now if someone wants to buy him, good. Either way, the club are now protected.