The Cricket Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a sicker man than Ollie Pope right now? An absolute road of a wicket, a real average booster and he is the only one to miss out. Easily done at the beginning of an innings but that wont help him.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Is there a sicker man than Ollie Pope right now? An absolute road of a wicket, a real average booster and he is the only one to miss out. Easily done at the beginning of an innings but that wont help him.

I feel sorry for him, primarily because he now has to sit and watch the most boring brand of Test cricket with the rest of us.

I don’t like seeing games over in three days, but equally this sort of batting practice leaves me stone cold.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I feel sorry for him, primarily because he now has to sit and watch the most boring brand of Test cricket with the rest of us.

I don’t like seeing games over in three days, but equally this sort of batting practice leaves me stone cold.
Wonder how close England can get today before close. Would it be worth trying to get Pakistan back in and hope for a collapse to force a win

Billysboots

Visit site
It’s great to see records being broken, but I still can’t help thinking they’d be more meaningful if the wicket was doing something. Anything.

No wonder quick bowlers have a lengthy history of picking up niggling injuries on the eve of tours like this, and are “forced” to withdraw from the squad.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not sure 4 sessions is enough. Unless they go into a batting meltdown this has a timid draw written large. I hope not all the wickets will be like this. What happened to the battle between bat and ball
I’m clutching at straws really. Although they keep saying on the radio that Pakistan have a terrible record batting 3rd.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the uninitiated - why is scoring so high, what makes the pitch so easy for the batters and why has it been prepared this way?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For the uninitiated - why is scoring so high, what makes the pitch so easy for the batters and why has it been prepared this way?
This blog gives a fairly good description of the different types of pitch and how they affect bowlers and batters.
https://blog.cricheroes.com/all-you...text=Flat Track Pitch,on the flat-track pitch.
As to why they have prepared such a bland pitch, no idea. Not good for cricket as it puts the fans off as it results in an unfair contest between bat and ball.

Billysboots

Visit site
So, we’re half way through day four, and eventually Root is out, having been out there on the pitch for all but the eight balls it took for Pakistan to take the first English wicket.

I wonder what his reaction would have been had Ollie Pope, still seething at missing out on the run fest, declared on Root’s dismissal.

😳