The Cricket Thread

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Ok. I'll ask.

Did Pakistan's wicket keeper win his place in a raffle?

I'm 60 and more mobile than him. It's taken 3 chances before he's caught one. Anything either side goes for 4.

He’s having an absolute shocker, isn’t he?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We've all had off days, but he can't be fit enough. I'm not seeing good enough technique to make up for the mobility either.

The second drop was really poor, but the first was largely down to a lack of agility. I’m actually surprised to see he’s played several games at this level over a few years. Surely Pakistan have better wicketkeepers available to them.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not really. I thought the US were excellent and could have buckled under the pressure of the super over
i did not watch the match... just got home as USA bowled the first ball of that super over... i thought it was a Pak win when he hit a four. And then thought he was hitting a six, only to be brilliantly caught. That catch would become part of the young man's family folklore. Coming on as a sub and then writing into history books.

Havent followed the matches yet, but i hear poor things about the NY pitches and poor attendance. Indian batsman being hit by the Irish bowlers due to uneven bounce. If so, the pitch will be mental when they play Pak on Sunday. Looks like India v Pak official ticket prices at $2500!!!... Commercials killing the game..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
i did not watch the match... just got home as USA bowled the first ball of that super over... i thought it was a Pak win when he hit a four. And then thought he was hitting a six, only to be brilliantly caught. That catch would become part of the young man's family folklore. Coming on as a sub and then writing into history books.

Havent followed the matches yet, but i hear poor things about the NY pitches and poor attendance. Indian batsman being hit by the Irish bowlers due to uneven bounce. If so, the pitch will be mental when they play Pak on Sunday. Looks like India v Pak official ticket prices at $2500!!!... Commercials killing the game..
Apparently they are drop in pitches, from Adelaide would you believe, but due to the building of the stadium around them they have not been able to look after them as they would want. They'd have been better putting in artificial wickets, at least the bounce would be consistent. Poor for a World Cup, it makes a mockery of it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently they are drop in pitches, from Adelaide would you believe, but due to the building of the stadium around them they have not been able to look after them as they would want. They'd have been better putting in artificial wickets, at least the bounce would be consistent. Poor for a World Cup, it makes a mockery of it.
Its only the NY pitch that is drop in I belive the Texas pitch for Pakistan-USA was a grown in place pitch.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do they have cheerleaders and fella selling corndog and beer ... otherwise it not an American sport.
.. and hopefully the final will have someone signing Stars & Strip along with a Half time entertainment show..

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
None of the matches after the first group stage are played in the US so when the 'real' cricket starts it will be on proper pitches with (hopefully) proper teams and proper crowds - no offence to the Scottish and Irish :cool:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Found this interesting and learnt a few new things >> nowadays bats are becoming expensive. One of our friend's son is in the Surrey academy... he says a 'good' full size bat is a min £350.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Found this interesting and learnt a few new things >> nowadays bats are becoming expensive. One of our friend's son is in the Surrey academy... he says a 'good' full size bat is a min £350.

Agree, my nephew came through the Leicestershire academy but was lucky enough to have his bats sponsored each year so that saved my brother a fortune.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
minnows seem to be having a upper hand .. USA beat Bangladesh, Canada and Pak. Afg take down NZ. NL looks like threatening SA.

Maybe a rain was a good thing for the Eng v Sco.. maybe Eng escaped