The Cricket Thread

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Didn’t expect the scorecard I saw when waking up this morning, having gone to bed three down for next to nowt. But that’s the New England I suppose. Expect the unexpected.

Couldnt keep my eyes open coming up to tea, have watched the rest this morning. Some player Harry Brook!

Start half hour early tonight for anyone tuning in too

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Couldnt keep my eyes open coming up to tea, have watched the rest this morning. Some player Harry Brook!

Start half hour early tonight for anyone tuning in too

Did I hear that Brook has scored more runs in his first nine Test matches than any batter in history? That’s some achievement. And he seems unbelievably level headed.

Some prospect we have there.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
See theres some chatter that Yorkshire are going to take Colin Graves back as chairman so that his trust delays calling in the monies its owed!

Not a backward step at all......

D-S

Visit site
Just saw the highlights of Brooks’ innings, unbelievable batting that made a quick scoring Root look pedestrian. He makes batting look so easy, really hope he can do this against better bowling but he did it last night on one of the greenest pitches you’ll ever see, admittedly with a weak attack.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
England in danger of paying the price for enforcing the follow on, felt a strange decision at the time and looks worse now, that said they'll fancy they chase down whatever New Zealand set them anyway

when did they change the laws that the batsmen not umpire gets the line on stumpings too?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Me and Mrs going to The Tailenders (podcast) Live at the London Palladium next Thursday. Greg James and Jimmy Anderson, mainly.

I’m Ok about cricket, played a bit and not a bad wicketkeeper, and can enjoy tests, but I can’t say I’m the greatset follower of the game and I’ve never listened to the podcast (though will give it a listen before Thursday). My Mrs knows diddy-squat about cricket. But we've got guest tickets so will probably be close to the stage and I‘m thinking it will be a laugh, more than just cricket banter, and maybe a bit of music…who knows.

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Me and Mrs going to The Tailenders (podcast) Live at the London Palladium on Thursday. Greg James and Jimmy Anderson, mainly.

I’m Ok about cricket, played a bit and not a bad wicketkeeper, and can enjoy tests, but I can’t say I’m the greatset follower of the game and I’ve never listened to the podcast (though will give it a listen before Thursday). My Mrs knows diddy-squat about cricket. But we've got guest tickets so will probably be close to the stage and I‘m thinking it will be a laugh, more than just cricket banter, and maybe a bit of music…who knows.

This Thursday?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Me and Mrs going to The Tailenders (podcast) Live at the London Palladium on Thursday. Greg James and Jimmy Anderson, mainly.

As a long time listener to Tailenders, I suspect if you've not listened to it, you won't understand what's going on!

Go Well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As a long time listener to Tailenders, I suspect if you've not listened to it, you won't understand what's going on!

Go Well.
So be it…it’s a night out and it’s costing us nowt for our seats. £15 each return train fare and a late afternoon bite to eat. Always enjoy a day in London playing a sort of tourist.