SPOTY 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Whats with the Sterling hate?

He carried England on his back in the Euros this summer... He deserves to be in there more than any other England footballer

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Be interesting to see if Fury sues the BBC for nominating him as he has threatened to do. Not sure on what grounds he would sue - must have had too many blows to the head!

D

Deleted member 23270

Was this list finalised before or after yesterday's F1 race?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I haven’t watched it for years and, given the list of those up for the top award, I don’t think I’ll be bothering this year. I’m not doubting their achievements, but I’m simply not inspired to watch I’m afraid.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I haven’t watched it for years and, given the list of those up for the top award, I don’t think I’ll be bothering this year. I’m not doubting their achievements, but I’m simply not inspired to watch I’m afraid.

Add to that it being shown on a channel that shows precious little top class, live, sport

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Add to that it being shown on a channel that shows precious little top class, live, sport

That’s what first turned me off - when they first started to lose the rights to live sport, the BBC had precious little to show on the programme.

When it was called Sports Review Of The Year it was a good watch. When it lost the review element it became less of a draw.

D

Deleted member 15344

should have a POTY Bingo

1. “Insert name” doesn’t have a personality

2. BBC doesn’t show any decent sport anyway

must be some more that get trotted out each year

That’s what first turned me off - when they first started to lose the rights to live sport, the BBC had precious little to show on the programme.

When it was called Sports Review Of The Year it was a good watch. When it lost the review element it became less of a draw.

When was it called Sports Review of the Year ?

I can only ever remember it being Sports Personality of The Year

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Daley had SPOTY all sewn up after the Olympics.....and then Raducanu went and did what she did. :LOL:

I still think that Daley might get it based on sentiment....and I don't really think that anyone would begrudge him it. Raducanu's achievement was massive, but she does have her entire sporting career ahead of her.