Sports Personality of the Year 2016

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

It's time for that annual event where the usual complain that it's a non event and they don't care and that it's a waste of tax payers money etc blah blah

Well I love it and here are the nominees

Nicola Adams - Boxing
Gareth Bale - Football
Alistair Brownlee - Triathlon
Sophie Christiansen - Equestrian
, Kadeena Cox - Athletics/Cycling,
Mo Farah - Athletics,
Jason Kenny - Cycling,
Laura Kenny - Cycling.
Andy Murray - Tennis,
Adam Peaty - Swimming,
Kate Richardson-Walsh - Hockey,
Nick Skelton - Equestrian,
Dame Sarah Storey - Cycling,
Jamie Vardy - Football,
Max Whitlock - Gymnastics
, Danny Willett - Golf.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38128822

Quite happy that there is such a diverse list and a good mix

Delighted to see Kate RW there

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
usual BBC televised love in the nominations, overload of Olympians for my tastes. The likes of Froome, Joshua and Bisping can feel pretty unlucky not to be there for me

Murray wins by a distance mind

D

Deleted member 15344

Three big guns in there, Mo, Andy and Jason, hard to decide between those 3 after the year they've had.
Mo for me though.

They are the three big ones

But it's good to see such a diverse range and it shows for me how good we are as a nation in so many sports

It's prob also very satisfy and an honour for them to just be nominated for the award - good appreciation for their efforts during the year and no doubt will be a great night celebrating their achievements

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Well I for one think its blooming fantastic,I can't wait to see who the winner is.

Oh wait,it'll be Andy Murray.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
usual BBC televised love in the nominations, overload of Olympians for my tastes. The likes of Froome, Joshua and Bisping can feel pretty unlucky not to be there for me

Murray wins by a distance mind

Come on Froome only rides a bike my kids do that,but not many kids play in goal at Hockey.

Some will see being nominated as special some will be embarrassed when they see they get hardly any votes.

I can see the Hockey girls winning a team trophy but its certainly not an individual sport.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Shoe in for Andy Murray imo.

Great to see Nick Skelton there though - another huge reward for his dedication!

Can't see DW getting anywhere near, more's the pity!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i think Chris Froome must be wondering what he has got to do to get some recognition for winning LE TOUR not once but more and Brad wins it once and gets a knighthood.