Sports Personality of the Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
PFA Award is an individual award, Kane was nominated but didn’t win, Kane scored his goals as part of a team, it wasn’t him against 11.
It’s voted by the public, if the BBC wanted to recognise Gigg’s career they could of given him the lifetime achievement award.

The pga award that season was a pat on the back. He was in no way Utds best pllayer that season.

Im not saying Kane should win this season, but his performances this year are much better than Giggs were the year he won it.

Giggs shouldn’t have been in the list, once he was, with utds fan base. It was a sure thing.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Froome should easily win it, doubt he will but winning the Tour then the Vuelta is a massive achievement.

Farah I can't shake my doubts about his coach so wouldn't like to see him win.

Is a pretty weak year although outside of Olympic cycle etc.

Harry Kane had a good year but he shouldn't be on there ahead of a couple of the Lions choices mentioned for starters, unless they have to have a football player on the list?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Froome should easily win it, doubt he will but winning the Tour then the Vuelta is a massive achievement.

Farah I can't shake my doubts about his coach so wouldn't like to see him win
Farah’s dodgy coach disturbs you but Sky’s doctor who doesn’t remember which parcel he requested for which athlete and loses the record doesn’t?

Going to be Hamilton once again, I think.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Farah’s dodgy coach disturbs you but Sky’s doctor who doesn’t remember which parcel he requested for which athlete and loses the record doesn’t?

Going to be Hamilton once again, I think.

Sky's dodgy doctor disturbs me the fact that Froome has never had a TUE makes me more comfortable with him (not the team) :thup:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think we should organise a 'Boaty McBoatface' plan to all vote for Anya Shrubsole.
Well worth a good laugh to make a winner out of someone whom around 1% of the UK population has even heard of.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally I'd go with the following:

Should win: Froome. I might not like the guy, but he's been flamin awesome again, deserves the recognition.
Would want to win: Peaty. He's destroyed the rest of the world in the pool.
Probably will win: Joshua or Hamilton.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately, as someone mentioned earlier, I too have lost interest in this event. Years ago it was the highlight of the sporting year with clips from a multitude of sports. Not so now.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cant see anyone winning it where their sport does not get BBC coverage which more or less rules out Hamilton, Joshua, any cricketer,rugby player and as we have known for years a golfer. Not been a vintage year but my money is on Farah

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cant see anyone winning it where their sport does not get BBC coverage which more or less rules out Hamilton, Joshua, any cricketer,rugby player and as we have known for years a golfer. Not been a vintage year but my money is on Farah

????????

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

66/1 on betfair.

I actually fancied Farah when I saw the list, those odds are mental.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No, was serious, who's a better British player than Kane playing in the UK? All the top EPL players are foreign - Coutinho, Hazard, Jesus and DeBruyne being the best of them imo.

Sorry I misread your [ ] bit as the 'establishment' being a bit anti Welsh.
BTW I think Kane is a bit special and would be happy if he wins it, unlikely though due to EPL tribalism.

U

User62651

Sorry I misread your [ ] bit as the 'establishment' being a bit anti Welsh.
BTW I think Kane is a bit special and would be happy if he wins it, unlikely though due to EPL tribalism.

They gave it to Giggs a few years back for doing nothing of note except being still quite good despite his age.;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Giggs award was embarrassing. For Kane to win he would need to win a trophy or for England to at least come close in a major tournament. That tends to be how it works in a team sport.