• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Who should win

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/sports-personality/50494490

It’s that time of the year again

Yes we all know it’s not really about the personality etc etc blah blah and it’s BBC blah blah

So who do you think will win when looking at just the sporting performances this year

For me it’s between two

Stokes or Asher Smith

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love cricket. Ben Stokes effort to win that Test Match and the World Cup was amazing. I voted for Lewis though.

why??? I must be missing the point with Hamilton. He beat 1 other driver (with help from team orders?) aginst the rest he had a faster car than clearly

how does that compare to Stokes achievement within a team environment this year, not once but twice?

for me Id have KJT as the main threat to Stokes (albeit shes not even the main athletics threat because of the weay its been publicised and theyll clearly split the vote) but this isnt just about sporting achievement clearly

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
why??? I must be missing the point with Hamilton. He beat 1 other driver (with help from team orders?) aginst the rest he had a faster car than clearly

how does that compare to Stokes achievement within a team environment this year, not once but twice?

for me Id have KJT as the main threat to Stokes (albeit shes not even the main athletics threat because of the weay its been publicised and theyll clearly split the vote) but this isnt just about sporting achievement clearly

In my view, Lewis is undervalued in the UK considering what he’s achieved in his career. Only won SPoTY once and feel it’s high time he won it again. This year Mercedes didn’t have the fastest car yet he still won the title comfortably. That said, Stokes won a World Cup and I see why he should win on that basis.

D

Deleted member 15344

In my view, Lewis is undervalued in the UK considering what he’s achieved in his career. Only won SPoTY once and feel it’s high time he won it again. This year Mercedes didn’t have the fastest car yet he still won the title comfortably. That said, Stokes won a World Cup and I see why he should win on that basis.

Lewis unfortunately doesn’t help himself , he gives out this persona that he is above everyone , a lot just don’t like him even more so when his sport seems to have dropped down in popularity beyond the fanatics. It’s a rich playboys sport and he is the shining beacon for that sport - he managed to win it once in a poor year for sport and that’s imo the only way he will win it again.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
well if this thread is anywhere close to representative i should be piling into the 38s about Hamilton on Betfair. maybe im wrong but wouldnt be near the first 3 for me (even with the athletes splitting the vote!)

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Lewis unfortunately doesn’t help himself , he gives out this persona that he is above everyone , a lot just don’t like him even more so when his sport seems to have dropped down in popularity beyond the fanatics. It’s a rich playboys sport and he is the shining beacon for that sport - he managed to win it once in a poor year for sport and that’s imo the only way he will win it again.

OOF, who did he beat into 2nd place and what did he achieve that year?

Hamilton shows time and time again he is untouchable and a legend of British sport, but people still write this total crap.

Unbelievable

D

Deleted member 15344

OOF, who did he beat into 2nd place and what did he achieve that year?

Hamilton shows time and time again he is untouchable and a legend of British sport, but people still write this total crap.

Unbelievable
He beat McIlroy and it’s been clear for a while that golfers don’t do that well

Look at the rest of the nominees

It was a World Cup year and England bombed ,

The two main events where the European Athletics and Commonwealth

Other nominees not exactly stellar names - it was a poor year and Hamilton won

Not sure what this “untouchable” bit is about but ultimately it’s a public vote and more times than most they vote for others

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It has to be Ben Stokes. Got a lot of time for Lewis Hamilton and Dinah Asher Smith, but what he did in the World Cup and then test match will be remembered for a long time.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
He beat McIlroy and it’s been clear for a while that golfers don’t do that well

Look at the rest of the nominees

It was a World Cup year and England bombed ,

The two main events where the European Athletics and Commonwealth

Other nominees not exactly stellar names - it was a poor year and Hamilton won

Not sure what this “untouchable” bit is about but ultimately it’s a public vote and more times than most they vote for others

You think back to back golf majors is poor?

Weird.