SPOTY 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
For everyone complaining that Ryder Cup/Solheim Cup teams dont win team of the year, surely the poignant facts re A theyre European not British teams and B they win 1 match against 1 other side. I know theyve won previously but hard to make a case that theyre the best side across all sports when they win one game for me

Not saying I think the England football team should win it either but can see why they dont
I often think the same about the England cricket side on the rare occasion they win the Ashes

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I don’t think it loses credibility, even if I can see how others might disagree with the result.

I might have given the award to the England football team for the lift that the nation was given at a time when it really needed it. Wouldn’t have given Southgate the award though.
It's the BBC SPOTY mate, just so we're clear here, although it did also give Scotland & Wales a lift it's fair to say :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:(y)

Swango1980

Visit site
It's the BBC SPOTY mate, just so we're clear here, although it did also give Scotland & Wales a lift it's fair to say :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:(y)
If Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland had got to the Euro 2020 final, I'm pretty sure they'd have won team of the year. Without a shadow of a doubt. Would have been interesting if they were beaten by England in the final. Would England get team of the year for winning, or Scotland, Wales or N Ireland team of the year for achieving a higher level above what was expected of them for simply making the final?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It sure is, but v important to keep the respective size and importance of the nations in context (y);)

Arguably, I'd say given the reaction on here and elsewhere, the Scottish football team should have won the team award for winning Euro 2020 drawing with England.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Emma Raducanu @EmmaRaducanu
13m

Never normally see things online but was just sent the funniest thread… you are too funny out there
1f923.png
1f64f.png