SPOTY 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Whats with the Sterling hate?

He carried England on his back in the Euros this summer... He deserves to be in there more than any other England footballer
I thought he was bang average, but he happened to be the one to get his name on the score sheet a few times. If the games had been played consecutively, but outside a major tournament, I doubt anyone would have been loudly singing his praises about going through a fantastic purple patch.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Josh Taylor anyone??
Holds ALL the belts in his weight division in boxing-never been done before by a British boxer! -I'm fairly certain (fingers x'd)
Plus he's box office-sells out every venue he fights in up here!
Plus as far as I know, doesn't vote for the SNP (if that helps):D

sunshine

Visit site
That’s what first turned me off - when they first started to lose the rights to live sport, the BBC had precious little to show on the programme.

When it was called Sports Review Of The Year it was a good watch. When it lost the review element it became less of a draw.

This is a great point. It used to be Sports Review of the Year, and was a great 2 hours watch, looking back at all the best sporting moments of the year, and then culminating in the SPOTY award at the end.

Now it's succumbed to the cult of celebrity, it's just 2 hour X factor style waffle about the adversity and emotions that the "personalities" had to overcome. This works for the BBC because they have precious little sports coverage, so we get 2 hours of bland interviews instead.

It's a no from me.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It happens every year - no idea why people have such a negative downer on it , it’s a great two hours watch for me

This. I couldn't give a rats who wins, or what they win it for (personality? achievement?) I just find it a very enjoyable look back at the years sport, the part where they look back at we lost during the year never fails to bring a lump to the throat.
Anyway, I've just agreed with Phil, I'm off for a lie down...;):LOL:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just give it to Racucanu. Should be an easy one.

Would love to! (vote for)
Kaz - Take it you wouldn't be in favour of your local boy-Josh Taylor then? As a pugilist?
Or is it just all the crap and hype that goes with Fury and all his baggage? (I know he's had some widely publicized mental health problems which he seems to have came through?
The programme though is nowhere near what I used to look forward to-you know, when it was real people! Now it's all seems to be so manufactured and kissy kissy.
Certainly won't be watching (may go out to the shed and count/wash the golf balls in there-hundreds of them):rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

3rd - Adam Peaty
2nd - Tom Daley
1st - Emma Raducanu

Last edited by a moderator: