Speed camera rant!!!!

T

thecraw

My thought too. Name calling is a bit pathetic. Wouldn't do it face to face, so why on here?

Of course you can disagree with people, that's what these types of forums are for, but do you have to be rude too?

Slime.
[/QUOTE]

I'm quite sure he would if it aided in getting his point across.

The law was broken. Jams may or may not get a fine and penalty points. Fingers crossed he doesn't and its just a lesson.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The police normally allow 79mph then do you (so I'm led to believe). Even so if your speedo shoes 83 and you get done then you can't blame anyone but yourself.

ACPO guidelines suggest that enforcement starts at 10% over the posted limit + 2mph, so 79 on a motorway is the ACPO starting point, I understand most traffic officers would probably start showing interest at 85+ mph on a national speed limit dual carriageway or motorway.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ACPO guidelines suggest that enforcement starts at 10% over the posted limit + 2mph, so 79 on a motorway is the ACPO starting point, I understand most traffic officers would probably start showing interest at 85+ mph on a national speed limit dual carriageway or motorway.

But would the camera be the same? Having picked up points doing 82 on a dual carriageway and 10 to 8 on a Sunday morning by a safety camera I'd suggest not.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hopefully the speeding incident will result in a ban and a hefty fine.Its time the police and the courts got tough with drivers who speed and/or use there mobiles whilst driving.
Go and tell your sob stories to the families who have lost loved ones due to careless driving.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
But would the camera be the same? Having picked up points doing 82 on a dual carriageway and 10 to 8 on a Sunday morning by a safety camera I'd suggest not.

Cameras by and large tend to stick to the 10% + 2 formula, hence 79 and up you are in play. When it was film there tended to be some degree of variation, now that most are digital the flat rate tends to be applied as there is little difficulty in processing them. If you get the "personal touch" then there can be some degree of discretion applied dependant on the surrounding circumstances is my understanding.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
it's an 'income generating camera'.

Slime.

Only if you play their game......

they paint them Yellow, they put up signs to tell you they're in front of you, they even put up signs telling you the limit.

If you're getting caught - let's face it, breaking the law - who's fault is it?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of course you can disagree with people, that's what these types of forums are for, but do you have to be rude too?

Slime.

So where exactly was I rude because I have reread my posts on this thread and fail to see where I was rude in any of them.

Do you mean my calling Justone a sniffling girl for complaining about getting caught breaking the law or was it my disgraceful action of changing his name to Justine?

:confused:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So where exactly was I rude because I have reread my posts on this thread and fail to see where I was rude in any of them.

Do you mean my calling Justone a sniffling girl for complaining about getting caught breaking the law or was it my disgraceful action of changing his name to Justine?

:confused:

If you deliberately changed a name to one that is disparaging, I don't think you would do this face to face. It's insulting. Call him a girl (not a great insult, sexism is a bit pathetic) if you want to, but this reflects more on you than him.

Think about it?

T

thecraw

If you deliberately changed a name to one that is disparaging, I don't think you would do this face to face. It's insulting. Call him a girl (not a great insult, sexism is a bit pathetic) if you want to, but this reflects more on you than him.

Think about it?

Is it any different to your ageism and views on Ping clubs and who uses them?

Think about it?

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am more than happy to apologies to any girls I may have insulted in the writing of this thread when i implied Justone was acting like a girl and complaining about getting caught speeding, because lets face facts he was caught speeding.

As for changing someones made up internet name to another made up name that was an honest mistake the first time, the letter i and o are right next to each other on my keyboard and my sausage fingers must have hit the wrong key, the second time I done it on purpose because I thought it was funny...and I still do. Remember it's only a username

Anyway I have made my points in regards this thread and my views for zero tolerance for speeding have not changed.

Safe driving to all.

Slime.[/QUOTE]