Conflicting Broadband speed info

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure but I would guess so. This is partly why I am checking a reliable speed test. Whenever I use the Virgin app the speed is rapid. I just need that to be backed up
Their minimum speed guarantee is suitably vague for Virgin. It just states "download speed" at 50% of the advertised speed. It doesn't state whether that is at the router or not. But as that's the only place that they can reliably measure from I would assume so.

Download speed is also a strange one to use as the ability to download at a speed is dependent on many factors, including the server speed of the client you are downloading from as well as traffic at any given time. So again, I assume they mean sync speed and it's measured at the router. So, therefore it becomes whatever speed you are getting if you were to hard wire to a device.

Again, assumption on my part (and having worked with a few ISPs as clients over the years) as the terms of the guarantee are vague.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure but I would guess so. This is partly why I am checking a reliable speed test. Whenever I use the Virgin app the speed is rapid. I just need that to be backed up

Yeah I wouldn't trust the app to be fair. They always just do a speed test to the router. Of course to the router the speed is fine and then it's a simple wash of the hands "we have provided this speed to your house , it's your property that's the problem"

I mean I just did a speed test for mine, I'm not at home

Screenshot_2024-06-05-14-12-05-31_7a88092b433fc9edf47191719f8416b4.jpg

Definitely recommend Ookla speed check , that's who I always use when connected to the network