Ryder Cup 2016 - Official Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't get the worry on some posts about playing Fitzpatrick and Wood as debutants, I hate the American term rookie. We played experience in the captain's picks in Westwood and Kaymer and they played like drains. Stop being safe, they earned their places, they didn't need the captain to pick them.

Great comeback last night, some new reputations are being forged here.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fell asleep and missed Rory's finish. Gah!

Pairings look great for the morning, Sergio and Rafa could be a lost game against Reed and Spieth though.

D

Deleted member 1418

Pairings look great for the morning, Sergio and Rafa could be a lost game against Reed and Spieth though.

Not so sure. I thought Reed & Spieth were very tired physically by the end of their game last night. Spieth looked very out of sorts too. The Spaniards meanwhile looked a very good pairing.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Great Europe fightback in the afternoon they just played to their ability and were better than the Americans,Fitz and Woods a concern but who better than Stenson and Rose to carry them.I'll stick my neck out and predect 1 point in it after Saturdays play 😊.

D

Deleted member 1418

I'd be more concerned if Fitzpatrick and Woods were missing from the foursomes. Let's face it, they can't be any worse than Westwood, Kaymer and Willett!!

U

User62651

Casey and Knox should be there, we all know it except DC it seems.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Has Rafa become the coolest man in golf?

Did yòu see Rafa & Sergio walking to the 1st tee yesterday? He had his arm round Sergio, and had you not known who they were, you would have thought Sergio was the rookie and Rafa the veteran!

I think the key to beating Speith & Reed is to frustrate them early, then Reed gets too aggressive, and Speith looses his cool.

It's going to be an interesting afternoon.

Faldono1fan

Club Champion
Visit site
Not sure why people are saying Wood is out of form? I think you will find he shot 63 in the last tournament he played in. Has he been missing cuts? No. He has a great matchplay record and let's face it he can't do any worse than Kaymer and Westwood did. Same thing for Fitz. Great player and hopefully will perform as well as the other rookies have done so far. Momentum is with Europe!

D

Deleted member 16999

Don't really get people still mentioning Casey and Knox, competition has started, let's get behind Europe and the 12 there.
When we win his Captains picks will be justified, if we were to lose then hindsight will be a wonderful thing and every decision DC made will be disected.
Come on Europe.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
To me, up to yet it had highlighted the importance of form. As those players in form have mostly played well and those with little recent form have not.

Don't think DC had done a huge amount wrong since he got there. My only beef is why he plays Kaymer. He has the chipping yips, he's been pretty rubbish in the last few Ryder cups and has been carried a lot by his partners. The fact he got the winning putt after the yanks bottled it in Medina seems to cloud everyone's judgement. Knox for Kaymer would have been a much better pick. But thank god he didn't go for Donald over Pieters as he was going to do until someone talked him it out of it. Allegedly.

Last edited:
U

User62651

Before we give DC much credit for coming back from 4-0 yesterday is it fair to say that for foursomes the pairings are more critical as they're sharing a ball and have to think of the other player but for fourballs you can just about pair anyone together as they're not sharing much of anything, other than maybe playing safe if you're partner is in trouble off the tee? Any dovetailing that occurs is purely by chance anyway, not by design.

Thoughts.