Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We just plan ahead. Either not to drink and so collect or get a Chinese or Indian pack from the supermarket / M & S to heat up after a few drinks. You just get used to planning 🤷‍♀️ . I'm sure if I lived in a city, used delivery options and then came back to rural life I would be grumpier about it 😄
We had a nightmare NYE 2022. One of the best nearby Indian restaurants has it's own app for ordering takeaways. They sent a message out saying "please order well in advance as we expect to be busy". They weren't wrong. We put our order in at lunchtime for 8.30 delivery. No sign of any food by 9. Tried ringing, constantly engaged.

9.30, still no sign. Went on their facebook page, to see loads of posts from folk whose delivery never turned up. 10pm, we gave up. Fortunately, the missus had cooked a chilli for the next day, so we had that.

It turned out that the app just accepted whatever orders were submitted, with no maximum threshold cut-off. The restaurant was completely swamped with orders and just could not cope.

Next day we (and lots of others) got a very apologetic phone call from the manager, and the offer of a free meal whenever we wanted one. He said it was was the most stressful (and expensive) night he had experienced in 20 years running his restaurant.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They're silly expensive.

I was home alone om saturday night just gone, mrs out on a work do and little man in bed. Popped onto deliveroo and thought, I fancy a Nandos - its been a while!

Stuck a double chicken wrap with 2 sides and added halloumi in my basket, with fees and delivery that one meal was about to cost me £29!!!

Unfortunately I was trapped in and couldn't get out to pick anything up with the little man in bed so I had to order something in - settled on a pizza from a local place, large pizza and fries - £14.20 delivered..... (not through a major app/ company but direct from store)

See all my bad experiences with deliveroo (2) where due to the actual restaurant mucking up

During COVID our Nandos was sent completely wrong ,but the order was correct on the bag so not drivers fault

This week restaurant missed one platter

At work we can't just leave so on nights and weekends take aways are frequent, if I'm on I organise them via deliveroo .. so much easier than using the restaurant themselves.. plus I'll find 4% vouchers.. which because our orders are £80 plus normally you get enough off to cover that service fee

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Three people adding my item to watchlist on Ebay and none of them bidding. What are you watching it for then?? Flipping timewasters! You're expecting a bidding war and then nothing.. it just expires.

They probably have the same or a similar item to sell and want to see what yours goes for. I do it all the time, or they have multiple watches for the same or similar items.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday I went to our local sports centre for my cardiac exercise so I had this conversation at the reception

"Can you tell me how much it costs to play Pickleball please"

"£16 per hour"

"Does that include all the equipment"

"Yes, but we only have 2 bats, so if they're being used you won't have any"

"So I can book an hour, pay to park in your car park, but not be able to play it the bats are being used when we arrive, and I can't play as a 4 unless the other 2 already have bats"

" that's right"

" Best we give it a miss then"

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Pairs comp on Saturday cancelled - replaced with a singles stableford.

But somehow they have also totally messed up the tee sheet and despite being in the pair comp, somehow I have been removed from the singles comp tee sheet.

Also everyones tee time zones have been totally messed up. (We enter 8-9am or 9-10am)

Comp sec's having a blinder....

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I love cooking too, we tend to have Gousto boxes throughout the week and then do other things at the weekends. However after being away at the footy all afternoon and not getting back till 30 mins before I had to drop my wife in town - no time for shopping and a takeaway becomes the only option (for a decent meal anyway)
Couldn't you boil a couple of eggs?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Is that £3.99 delivery for every box?

Yeah I think its about that? Arrives every Sunday for us - covers tea across the week.

Annoyingly 3 years ago when we started delivery was free but as with everything in life, things end up costing more!

Class food though, love the variety of our meals and the quality of some of the recipes is amazing - the thai food especially.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I think its about that? Arrives every Sunday for us - covers tea across the week.

Annoyingly 3 years ago when we started delivery was free but as with everything in life, things end up costing more!

Class food though, love the variety of our meals and the quality of some of the recipes is amazing - the thai food especially.

We did this for a while. Then I just started collecting the recipe cards out of the box each week and now I just buy the ingredients and cook the dishes myself.