Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I think its about that? Arrives every Sunday for us - covers tea across the week.

Annoyingly 3 years ago when we started delivery was free but as with everything in life, things end up costing more!

Class food though, love the variety of our meals and the quality of some of the recipes is amazing - the thai food especially.
We did Gousto for about six weeks last year (while it was cheap on a trial basis). Got some nice meals out of it, sometimes the portion was really small though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We did Gousto for about six weeks last year (while it was cheap on a trial basis). Got some nice meals out of it, sometimes the portion was really small though.

Again, another reason we stopped and I started cooking the recipes myself, easy to scale them up a bit.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We did this for a while. Then I just started collecting the recipe cards out of the box each week and now I just buy the ingredients and cook the dishes myself.

We do this too, some great stuff for dinner parties etc in our folders over the years. I just like having different stuff every week.

Again, another reason we stopped and I started cooking the recipes myself, easy to scale them up a bit.

I actually quite like the portioning, its enough to be a meal and stops us overconsuming.

The pasta and rice dishes tend to be of plentiful size, its the stuff with spuds that feel slightly smaller but again, doesn't bother me. My portions are twice as big without using it and that's too much.

The other real benefit of it is no food waste, we used to throw so much food away because of how its packaged and sold etc, not anymore!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My TV going in to standby (after 4hours of being on) with only a visual warning.

I often am listening to the TV and not watching it. Why cannot they add an audible warning such a quick buzz?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My TV going in to standby (after 4hours of being on) with only a visual warning.

I often am listening to the TV and not watching it. Why cannot they add an audible warning such a quick buzz?
Ours has an option in the menu to adjust the sleep time. I've had to adjust it as my missus insists on leaving the TV on for the dog when we go out. 🙄

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
People who don't put lids on jars properly. I go to pick the jar up and grab it by the lid, gets about half a foot off the counter top and then it comes undone and there's a mess.

When you are done, screw the lid on properly!!:mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
too late. The roasted red peppers and the copious amounts of oil are gone!
Messy. I'm with you though. The wife has an annoying habit especially with marmalade of leaving the cap unscrewed. She says its because its hard to do but I've dropped more than one jar doing the same as you and marmalade is a real pain the backside to get cleaned

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Messy. I'm with you though. The wife has an annoying habit especially with marmalade of leaving the cap unscrewed. She says its because its hard to do but I've dropped more than one jar doing the same as you and marmalade is a real pain the backside to get cleaned

Erm didn't you once say you don't clean your own golf shoes. I have a hard time believing you clean marmalade ;)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have been told which secondary school my son will go to. It was my wife’s 3rd choice, she preferred 2 schools outside of the area that would require 60+minutes bus journey and were not direct.
The school he has been allocated is the best in the area, with an above average rating and better than her two preferred. There has been no bullying, no fighting and no stabbing. It’s within walking and riding distance, 10minutes in the car.
Out of the schools I visited with them, this one was stand out due to the politeness of the pupils and their attitude.. I want my son to be like that.
My wife wants to appeal, but when it boils down to it she will not commit to doing the school run and nor shall she want to pick up the bus fare bill. I have said we would need to move .. she was not keen on that either. My son is not aware how bad buses are .. I used to get a bus to school, it was rubbish I don’t use public transport if I have other choices.
It’s going to be a tough journey ahead making her see the light … but if we move I will get a smaller house, a high end sports car and a golf simulator 🤣

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
People who don't put lids on jars properly. I go to pick the jar up and grab it by the lid, gets about half a foot off the counter top and then it comes undone and there's a mess.

When you are done, screw the lid on properly!!:mad:
You've met my other half then. Oh, and of course it's my fault as I shouldn't pick it up by the lid in case it's not on properly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Laptop manufacturers making very difficult for end users to remove a HDD from one (old) laptop and put it into a newer (but with less HDD capacity) laptop. The older one is getting slow, but shouldn't be really. It's lost the motherboard serial number, how the beep beep has it done that!? It still runs but cor blimey is it slow. So I'm going format the hdd to try and a re-install of Win 10. Seems a shame to dump a 2gb HDD.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Printer refusing to print, saying "ink pad is at the end of it's service life".

Never heard of an ink pad before, turns out it collects waste ink.

It also turns out that it doesn't actually mean that the ink pad is full, it's an inbuilt setting triggered by a certain amount of usage. For all I know it could be fine.

It also turns out you can buy a third party software key which resets the counter. The dilemma is do I buy some dodgy software to do that, or buy a new printer?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Printer refusing to print, saying "ink pad is at the end of it's service life".

Never heard of an ink pad before, turns out it collects waste ink.

It also turns out that it doesn't actually mean that the ink pad is full, it's an inbuilt setting triggered by a certain amount of usage. For all I know it could be fine.

It also turns out you can buy a third party software key which resets the counter. The dilemma is do I buy some dodgy software to do that, or buy a new printer?
The band Rage against the Machine never specified which particular machine they were raging against but I'd put a few quid on it being a Printer....