Random Irritations

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Amazon delivery.
Tracking this morning says delivery between 4pm and 7pm.
While I'm making lunch I get an email saying
Delivery attempted today at 12:21 PM

Doorbell not rung, nothing.

''Please provide delivery instructions''

One of the choices is ''ring the door bell''

:mad:

I had the same last night, great big door bell button and it is illuminated, I only went to the door as the was sat there looking as he does when somebody visits, he must have heard the knock on the door.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had the same last night, great big door bell button and it is illuminated, I only went to the door as the was sat there looking as he does when somebody visits, he must have heard the knock on the door.

Few years ago I found a parcel on my door step (wife was in)

Not only did they not press the bell they filled it in as "handed to Paul"

Not even resident

Or left safe

Cheeky bugger

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We ordered some groceries via Deliveroo & Waitrose. I took it off the driver, but the bag only had a few of the bits in - he's clearly forgotten to give us a second bag of stuff. Contact the Deliveroo live chat in their app and they are completely useless. First off they speak in a weird dialect that I'm certain is because they don't speak English and run everything through an online translator. Secondly, I'm asking them to phone the driver and just check it he hasn't got another bag he's forgotten to drop off - no, they can't contact the drivers. Why can't you contact your own drivers?? Alright then, you'll have to send a new delivery out then because we need the stuff. No, can't do that. All they'll offer is a refund for the missing items and nothing else. Fat lot of use when we don't have what we needed!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We ordered some groceries via Deliveroo & Waitrose. I took it off the driver, but the bag only had a few of the bits in - he's clearly forgotten to give us a second bag of stuff. Contact the Deliveroo live chat in their app and they are completely useless. First off they speak in a weird dialect that I'm certain is because they don't speak English and run everything through an online translator. Secondly, I'm asking them to phone the driver and just check it he hasn't got another bag he's forgotten to drop off - no, they can't contact the drivers. Why can't you contact your own drivers?? Alright then, you'll have to send a new delivery out then because we need the stuff. No, can't do that. All they'll offer is a refund for the missing items and nothing else. Fat lot of use when we don't have what we needed!

We had this the other day at work..ordered a big takeaway and one thing was missing

Refunded it instantly, however you have to place a new order

New lot of service fees so they make another £2.50

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Stopped using the Deliveroo around my way. Totally useless and stuff often turned up with bits missing or even the wrong order completely. Ordering a decent takeaway in is supposed to be a little treat not a major operation and a rise in blood pressure. Would rather go to the local pizza place to collect or get fish and chips from an excellent chippy not too far away. We have a plethora of good Chinese takeaways to collect from and a very good Indian that deliver promptly. Thinking all these companies like Deliveroo, Uber Eats etc are a waste of time and effort

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
a colleague asked if there was any room for improvement on a premium for his client. there was - 10%. he then asked me to confirm the premium in £'s

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Stopped using the Deliveroo around my way. Totally useless and stuff often turned up with bits missing or even the wrong order completely. Ordering a decent takeaway in is supposed to be a little treat not a major operation and a rise in blood pressure. Would rather go to the local pizza place to collect or get fish and chips from an excellent chippy not too far away. We have a plethora of good Chinese takeaways to collect from and a very good Indian that deliver promptly. Thinking all these companies like Deliveroo, Uber Eats etc are a waste of time and effort

They're silly expensive.

I was home alone om saturday night just gone, mrs out on a work do and little man in bed. Popped onto deliveroo and thought, I fancy a Nandos - its been a while!

Stuck a double chicken wrap with 2 sides and added halloumi in my basket, with fees and delivery that one meal was about to cost me £29!!!

Unfortunately I was trapped in and couldn't get out to pick anything up with the little man in bed so I had to order something in - settled on a pizza from a local place, large pizza and fries - £14.20 delivered..... (not through a major app/ company but direct from store)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess I have a slight positive to being in a rural community in that we can get next to nothing delivered and so have to always be prepared with other options. None of the chain companies deliver, I think there is one chinese and one indian that will come out that far. Local pub does a takeaway service if desperate but that is not cheap.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
They're silly expensive.

I was home alone om saturday night just gone, mrs out on a work do and little man in bed. Popped onto deliveroo and thought, I fancy a Nandos - its been a while!

Stuck a double chicken wrap with 2 sides and added halloumi in my basket, with fees and delivery that one meal was about to cost me £29!!!

Unfortunately I was trapped in and couldn't get out to pick anything up with the little man in bed so I had to order something in - settled on a pizza from a local place, large pizza and fries - £14.20 delivered..... (not through a major app/ company but direct from store)

This is why I never eat out or ever have food delivered.

Fillet steak from Lidl/Aldi £5
Potatoes 40p
Onion rings 30p
Pepper sauce 30p
Bottle of wine £1.20 (Home made)
Total bill including VAT and service charge.....£7.20

P.s...I enjoy cooking

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Potatoes 40p
Onion rings 30p
Pepper sauce 30p

P.s...I enjoy cooking

I love cooking too, we tend to have Gousto boxes throughout the week and then do other things at the weekends. However after being away at the footy all afternoon and not getting back till 30 mins before I had to drop my wife in town - no time for shopping and a takeaway becomes the only option (for a decent meal anyway)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I love cooking too, we tend to have Gousto boxes throughout the week and then do other things at the weekends. However after being away at the footy all afternoon and not getting back till 30 mins before I had to drop my wife in town - no time for shopping and a takeaway becomes the only option (for a decent meal anyway)
Can't the wife cook?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Potatoes 40p
Onion rings 30p
Pepper sauce 30p

P.s...I enjoy cooking
If you want to 'cook' something special have a look at Dishpatch.co.uk They supply high quality meals that have been prepared by top restaurants (think Paul Ainsworth, Angela Hartnett, Michel Roux, etc) and they just need minimal preparation - more than just putting in a microwave but nothing difficult, just warming and plating.

Caveat: they are a bit more expensive that your example :)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I never use any of these delivery options. I'd rather go and pick up the takeaway myself. At least I know it will be delivered then in the fastest way.
During the pandemic, when many people used these services, I flatly refused to as why would they not be more prone to catching the virus as they are meeting more people than anyone else.
Mind you, I also hate drive throughs. Many is the time I have got out of my car, walked into the premises, made my order, collected it and got back to my car before other people in the queue had been served.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess I have a slight positive to being in a rural community in that we can get next to nothing delivered and so have to always be prepared with other options. None of the chain companies deliver, I think there is one chinese and one indian that will come out that far. Local pub does a takeaway service if desperate but that is not cheap.
We are the same, no delivery options. It changes your mindset, you know they are not available so you know you have to collect or do without. I think it is one where I am happy living in a situation not knowing what I am missing.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are the same, no delivery options. It changes your mindset, you know they are not available so you know you have to collect or do without. I think it is one where I am happy living in a situation not knowing what I am missing.

Only down side is that if you have had a few beers with mates and suddenly fancy a take away but that options is not available. OK, I am now used to having a few emergency pizzas in the fridge but there are odd times when it would be nice. Most of the time, for my own health if nothing else, I am pretty glad that I do not have access to any takeaway delivered to my door 24 hours a day.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only down side is that if you have had a few beers with mates and suddenly fancy a take away but that options is not available. OK, I am now used to having a few emergency pizzas in the fridge but there are odd times when it would be nice. Most of the time, for my own health if nothing else, I am pretty glad that I do not have access to any takeaway delivered to my door 24 hours a day.
We just plan ahead. Either not to drink and so collect or get a Chinese or Indian pack from the supermarket / M & S to heat up after a few drinks. You just get used to planning 🤷‍♀️ . I'm sure if I lived in a city, used delivery options and then came back to rural life I would be grumpier about it 😄