Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Being told just before Christmas you have been successful in applying for a job and still waiting for the contract to be sorted so you can start. Can’t play golf and daytime TV is rubbish so really looking forward to getting back to work (never thought I would ever say that !)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being told just before Christmas you have been successful in applying for a job and still waiting for the contract to be sorted so you can start. Can’t play golf and daytime TV is rubbish so really looking forward to getting back to work (never thought I would ever say that !)
Well done ! Be patient, get a few lie ins !

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
On my walk today saw groups of anglers stood together on the prom and quite a few cars with bikes on racks so obviously not local. Also, groups of cyclists out together:mad:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
This forum constantly asking me to agree to their pesky cookies, even though I agreed to them just a few days ago.
And don't try blaming GDPR - other sites I've accepted don't ask again every few days.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ebay reserves. Bidding on a driver that started at £66. It's now up to £104, but still hasn't reached the reserve. Just set the reserve as the starting bid and the job is done. Why do people do this?
It’s done to get a fair price or the price the seller deems acceptable

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It’s done to get a fair price or the price the seller deems acceptable

No :poop:. Then why not set the reserve at the lowest price you will accept? As it stands people are wasting time bidding on an item that may never reach the reserve price.

If you think £150 is your acceptable minimum set the starting bid there. Job done.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No :poop:. Then why not set the reserve at the lowest price you will accept? As it stands people are wasting time bidding on an item that may never reach the reserve price.

If you think £150 is your acceptable minimum set the starting bid there. Job done.
Doesn't putting a reserve on cost you 50p or something..?
Can't see the point of a reserve on anything less than 100 quid and then, as you say, start the bidding from that price.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Doesn't putting a reserve on cost you 50p or something..?
Can't see the point of a reserve on anything less than 100 quid and then, as you say, start the bidding from that price.
Yeah it’s the cost, plus it opens up to bidders ... so a bigger audience, then you get more watchers

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It'll be more than a random irritation if Reed manages to win the Farmers Insurance after 'managing' the relief situations just yesterday.... the guy has no scruples. Haven't heard a commentator, before, be so frank about a player's dodgy conduct.