Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a morning!!
Trying to split a 1970s double radiator in to two panels to make it light enough to move easily. The radiator design meant that I could not get a wrench on the radiator tails, The tails got in the way of the electric saw, I bent the last saw blade, the last cutting disc I had for the grinder broke, the chuck on the electric drill broke so could not use a router drill, the blade on the jig saw was not long enough to stay in the slot.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
What a morning!!
Trying to split a 1970s double radiator in to two panels to make it light enough to move easily. The radiator design meant that I could not get a wrench on the radiator tails, The tails got in the way of the electric saw, I bent the last saw blade, the last cutting disc I had for the grinder broke, the chuck on the electric drill broke so could not use a router drill, the blade on the jig saw was not long enough to stay in the slot.
But apart from that, everything OK?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
What was the outcome?

The reason I ask is that my car has developed a potential fault which caused me to drive it home a couple of miles in limp mode. On starting it this morning the warning light has gone out and the car drives fine, but I have still booked it in for diagnosis and repair.

On reporting the fault to Motoreasy this morning I was told very bluntly that I am not covered, as the car has not broken down. I asked the fella on the phone if I would have been covered had I got the AA out and insisted on the car being recovered to a garage and he said that I would have been.

In short, what I have not done is broken down. If the AA had recovered me, that would be classed as broken down. It’s all in the small print.

I’ve cancelled the policy.
Covered fully under the Audi official warranty 👍

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went for a lung function test last week, the exertion on my lungs and the coughing it caused has left me with bronchitis for a week now.
cough cough splutter splutter.

Used up my 2 remaining Covid Tests just to make sure it was not that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Elements of the legal profession, whether individuals or firms, who protect individuals or organisations to the detriment of others. I know, I know, they are there to protect a client but when a body of evidence begins to stack up and you are still protecting them, then you become part of the problem. Post Office is a classic one and today's story seems to be another. There has to be a better way.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ringing a customer in Ireland. Their name on the email was spelt "Niamh" but pronounced "Neeve". How am I supposed to know that?
How did you say it? Phonetically.

I've come across that one before, actress, but there are plenty of other Irish names, always seems to be female ones, which I 100% can not get my head around how to pronounce.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
How did you say it? Phonetically.

I've come across that one before, actress, but there are plenty of other Irish names, always seems to be female ones, which I 100% can not get my head around how to pronounce.
No, I guessed at Neem, but I was just in the middle of looking it up on the internet when she answered the phone.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Funnily enough I was thinking of that one as I typed as there is an actress with that name although I have only seen it in print, never said out loud. Not a clue :ROFLMAO: .
Sor-sha

My mate has three girls,

Niamh, Saoirse and Siobhan.

He’s one of those annoying plastic Celtic supporting “Irish” (vaguely Irish sounding surname, born in Kirkcaldy, never set foot on Ireland).

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sor-sha

My mate has three girls,

Niamh, Saoirse and Siobhan.

He’s one of those annoying plastic Celtic supporting “Irish” (vaguely Irish sounding surname, born in Kirkcaldy, never set foot on Ireland).

Must have been deliberate - almost goading them to be mis-pronounced?! All their lives they'll have to spell their name or correct people when pronounced wrong...

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even someone like me - who's as English as they come - knows how to pronounce Niamh and Siobhan. Saoirse was a bit a conundrum but I eventually found out that the actress pronounces her name as per GreginFife - Sor sha