Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last Wednesday, playing snooker at my local club, I ordered a pint of Guiness, a pint of Doonbar and a small (two glass) bottle of Medoc red wine ........................................ £8.10p!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ooh, srixon 1!
Hi!
I recently paid £18 for a beer and a medium glass of white in my local..... airport!
But a few days ago a pint of Bass and a Prosecco (the wife loves Bass 🙄) for £7.95 in a Happy Hour I wasn't aware of! That was a lovely experience.
But, a few weeks back my real local, lovely real ales, charged me £5.75 for an Inch's cider (it was a hot day!).
My Golf Club charges £4.40!
I couldn't publicise that at the club 🫣
£6.65 is depressing.
Crazy prices for drinks in general these days. No wonder a lot of pubs are closing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been having a few issues with my mesh router system. Think one of the units is defective. Anyways one of the others my phone alerted me that it was offline. Tried a few remote things. Txt the wife "turn it on and off" didn't work

Went into advance settings and did a cheeky setting that managed to crash it for 40 mins until my wife rebooted it ... But yet the upstairs one (which hasn't been an issue) still offline

I come home ready to tackle it

Babe why is it unplugged I thought you rebooted it? "I did it via the switch"

One the kids must have accidentally pulled the wire out

Goodness sake .. no wonder it didn't reconnect itself

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
At the Forest of Arden for three days with a large society (CSSC). I knew the beer wouldn’t be cheap but £6.65 for a pint of hoppy IPA is 💩

I thought Marriott hotels offered guests a discount at the bar. Or is that a discounted price?

We were paying £7.50 for a Guinness at one of their places last week.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Last Wednesday, playing snooker at my local club, I ordered a pint of Guiness, a pint of Doonbar and a small (two glass) bottle of Medoc red wine ........................................ £8.10p!
That's remarkable. Golf club or a "Social" Club?
Last week I visited a pub in the Gower. A pint was £5.35. I said to the young lady who served me, and this true, "I served behind this bar over 50 years ago. A pint was 1/10d and the till was manual. So how much was 3 pints?"
Then the voice in my head (aka my wife) said "Sit down, you old fart".

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's remarkable. Golf club or a "Social" Club?
Last week I visited a pub in the Gower. A pint was £5.35. I said to the young lady who served me, and this true, "I served behind this bar over 50 years ago. A pint was 1/10d and the till was manual. So how much was 3 pints?"
Then the voice in my head (aka my wife) said "Sit down, you old fart".

It's a social club.
I was also in the Gower a couple of weeks ago and noticed how reasonably priced things were.
We were staying in Three Cliffs Bay and also noticed how much rain there is in Wales!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Never had time, train I was planning to get from Inverkeithing to Waverley was cancelled so had to get the next which put me running for the London train.

Nae luck, although I probably would've hit greggs on way to station for a 'carry out' of breakfast rolls
Good luck with tomorrows golf, you carry the hopes of a nation on your shoulders (y)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Only if you were daft. It is a comedy, albeit a very good one in a bland landscape of good TV comedies, and it is good to give it a final send off. No-one seemed to mind with Only Fools when they came back for one more

What? It's not real???

(In case it wasn't spotted the first or second time, the above is not a serious remark)

I thought the originals were finny and had a charm about them. I was living in south Wales, but spending the week working in Canary Wharf, and saying at my cousin in Loughton at the time. So lots if resonance.

I thought the last Christmas Special was really weak and should have be left alone. I am not expecting much of this year's.