Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sky Q. Apart from being able to record/watch multiple channels it's absolute rubbish. Whoever wrote the software needs sacking...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You just need to get used to it. I preferred the old box but I'm used to Q now. If you haven't had a sky box before, you won't know any difference.

Still miles better than the other boxes out there, eg Virgin
Interesting. We have Virgin at the moment and have since we moved into the house (new build) as they had put the cables in as part of the build. It is the prices that I am more concerned about as they keep putting them up and I am wondering if Sky Q would be cheaper

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting. We have Virgin at the moment and have since we moved into the house (new build) as they had put the cables in as part of the build. It is the prices that I am more concerned about as they keep putting them up and I am wondering if Sky Q would be cheaper
I suspect they largely mirror each other. My sister has a Virgin box and I find it clunky in comparison to Sky but I suspect it is partly what you are used to.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
So many things that Sky Q does badly. I recorded 3 episodes of a weekly series which I started to watch today. "Continue watching S2 Episode 3" was the default. I hadn't even started episode 1. That is often the case. I start to watch a recording in a series link and find it's not the first episode in the list - and often starts half-way through randomly.

No reminder system.

So many other very clunky, not at all user friendly, elements to menus, guides etc.

Having only had a regular Sky Box I have to say that Sky Q is inferior and not sure why they have made such a mess of it...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So many things that Sky Q does badly. I recorded 3 episodes of a weekly series which I started to watch today. "Continue watching S2 Episode 3" was the default. I hadn't even started episode 1. That is often the case. I start to watch a recording in a series link and find it's not the first episode in the list - and often starts half-way through randomly.

No reminder system.

So many other very clunky, not at all user friendly, elements to menus, guides etc.

Having only had a regular Sky Box I have to say that Sky Q is inferior and not sure why they have made such a mess of it...
Have to agree, we have Sky Glass and the way things are 'recorded' is not the best and it takes some navigating to find the right episodes. It does get easier but nowhere near as easy as the original way of doing things - but that may just because we don't like change :cool:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife works from home 4 days out of 5 so I prepped her last night that a parcel was being delivered at around lunch time today.
She’s missed the courier at the door 🤦🏻

I ordered a hybrid once. Nipped for a wee and note through door "missed" didn't press bell, I rang parcel force "driver said he didn't want to press bell and be recorded"

I said inform him as soon as he steps on people's drives he is being recorded

Blooming tin hat idiot

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No reminder system.

What's the point of reminders? Don't you just record it and if you forget and 15 mins later you remember you go right start the recording

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I ordered a hybrid once. Nipped for a wee and note through door "missed" didn't press bell, I rang parcel force "driver said he didn't want to press bell and be recorded"

I said inform him as soon as he steps on people's drives he is being recorded

Blooming tin hat idiot
Did he think they were sound-activated if you knock on the door as well? 😄

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's the point of reminders? Don't you just record it and if you forget and 15 mins later you remember you go right start the recording

Not always. Call me a traditionalist but I like to watch Only Connect at 8pm and Uni Challenge at 8.30pm. BBC New at 10pm. Similar to other TV shows. I've taken to asking Alexa to remind me.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not always. Call me a traditionalist but I like to watch Only Connect at 8pm and Uni Challenge at 8.30pm. BBC New at 10pm. Similar to other TV shows. I've taken to asking Alexa to remind me.
A friend of mine got a warning from the FCC after he thought it would be funny on the Florida radio show he does to say out loud "Alexa phone my mother" - and of course about 100 Alexas did just that.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the Forest of Arden for three days with a large society (CSSC). I knew the beer wouldn’t be cheap but £6.65 for a pint of hoppy IPA is 💩

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thread drift/people not reading the original post!

In particular, those posting on the thread regarding NRs in competitions that I started earlier this week which specifically asked about the highest numbers of NRs people have seen in a competition. People are now answering with how many time they have NR'd - and these are people who probably moan about politicians not answering the questions ;)
Literally first the response here 😂

Mandofred

Visit site
When we renewed with Virgin 8? months ago.....I was all prepared to switch to something else, very likely Sky Stream. Virgin of course didn't like that and offered a lower price.....I think it's about £52 a month for internet (not the lowest) and basic tv with 2 recording boxes (1 in the garage in front of the elliptical). They will of course try to increase the amount when the contract ends.....then I tell them I'm switching.....they then offer less.....and I'm a lazy bugger and almost always agree to the "decent" price. I keep wondering if I should just use internet completely.....but for the fact there just isn't much on anywhere that I like.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
At the Forest of Arden for three days with a large society (CSSC). I knew the beer wouldn’t be cheap but £6.65 for a pint of hoppy IPA is 💩
Ooh, srixon 1!
Hi!
I recently paid £18 for a beer and a medium glass of white in my local..... airport!
But a few days ago a pint of Bass and a Prosecco (the wife loves Bass 🙄) for £7.95 in a Happy Hour I wasn't aware of! That was a lovely experience.
But, a few weeks back my real local, lovely real ales, charged me £5.75 for an Inch's cider (it was a hot day!).
My Golf Club charges £4.40!
I couldn't publicise that at the club 🫣
£6.65 is depressing.