Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Help me out 🤷‍♂️ my irritation is the person not the social media platform

I make you right. Elon is up there with some of the worst however why should we hinder ourselves and not use one of the most useful platforms for information or for example his star link is outstanding for rural internet ..

Can not like someone whilst using their services.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Again my irritation is with him not his platform 🤷‍♂️
A corner shop changes hands. The new owner allows adverts and pictures for extremists, rapists, murderers ,paedo's and any other human debris.
You would be happy to shop there, or just because you "want" something are happy to shop there?
I obviously misjudged you...

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
... is a sentence devoid of any feeling or emotion. I'd take any of SILH's options in prefence.
The sentence is devoid of "take in" and "just". I see no feeling or emotional content is lost by their omission.
The ambiguity of "still" has been replaced with "remained motionless". Whether this changes any feeling or emotion is doubtful.
But any person's view and interpretation is valid. Yours is as valid as mine. There is no right or wrong and no argument that can be won.

There is often an expectation that poetry or even some prose will be fanciful or wistful in its choice of words or the order of those words.
Sentences with better clarity and thus lacking scope for subjective interpretation do not meet that expectation in many cases.

I find this subject very interesting. Many will find the exact opposite, I am sure.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rawdogging.

To save people the pain of googling it, it is (apparently) the new TikTok thing of doing a long haul flight without entertainment, food, drink or going to the loo. Why???????

Pfft did that before it was cool... Year 11 ski trip back in the day I spent all my money before I got on the plane and couldn't afford food or drinks for hours. Was a long flight (including connections) back from the USA

Can't understand wanting to do it out of choice though lol 🤣

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Rawdogging.

To save people the pain of googling it, it is (apparently) the new TikTok thing of doing a long haul flight without entertainment, food, drink or going to the loo. Why???????

I can understand elements of it.

I absolutely hate flying. Never been a fan. As a consequence I can’t read or watch any entertainment, even on a long haul flight. The moment I feel any turbulence the book goes down or the screen is switched off. I simply cannot concentrate, so I no longer even bother. It was even remarked upon by a flight attendant following a bumpy transatlantic flight a few years ago - he said he had never seen anyone just sit there and stare into space for nine hours!!

But I’ll never turn food and drink down. And if I need the loo I’m going to go.

Never knew I was undertaking a form of dogging though 😇

Pin-seeker

Visit site
He controls the platform, dictates what goes on. Allows hate, abuse and extremist views, and yet youre irritated with him but are quite happy to quote and use his platform?
I know you’re against X and I’m sure you think you’re being really “edgy” but no one really cares & Elon Musk doesn’t even know you exist 👍🏻👍🏻

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The sentence is devoid of "take in" and "just". I see no feeling or emotional content is lost by their omission.
The ambiguity of "still" has been replaced with "remained motionless". Whether this changes any feeling or emotion is doubtful.
But any person's view and interpretation is valid. Yours is as valid as mine. There is no right or wrong and no argument that can be won.

There is often an expectation that poetry or even some prose will be fanciful or wistful in its choice of words or the order of those words.
Sentences with better clarity and thus lacking scope for subjective interpretation do not meet that expectation in many cases.

I find this subject very interesting. Many will find the exact opposite, I am sure.

You post like a true AI 😆

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I’d not normally write in the way I’m looking to - but trying to convey a sense of stunned disbelief…without saying stunned disbelief that being the impact the two preceding words spoken had had - and also giving emotional meaning to these two words 🙄

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's just sad to see so many angry people in the world.
I wonder if it has always been so.
I understand many people have very good reasons to be angry but it's those who go looking for something to be angry about which really has nothing to do with them that seems a waste.
I know we see more on social media but has it always been so?
You only have to watch the news to see crowds of people protesting about something or other and everyone has their phone in their hand, filming it. Why? What's it got to do with them?

As I've said, many people have very good reasons to be angry but why don't the rest just mind their own business and move on.
Sad