Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One for those with a way with words...

I'm trying to write something and I can't seem to get the order and grammar right...so please help!

"She's gone"

The words hung in the air, quiet and still, as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or is it.

"She's gone"

The words hung, quiet and still, in the air as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or perhaps

"She's gone"

The words, quiet and still, hung in the air as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or again...

"She's gone"

The words hung, quiet and still in the air as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or some other alternative

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One for those with a way with words...

I'm trying to write something and I can't seem to get the order and grammar right...so please help!

"She's gone"

The words hung in the air, quiet and still, as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or is it.

"She's gone"

The words hung, quiet and still, in the air as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or perhaps

"She's gone"

The words, quiet and still, hung in the air as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or again...

"She's gone"

The words hung, quiet and still in the air as I tried to take in and comprehend what I’d just heard.

Or some other alternative
First one for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How come banned members often end up as deleted members after their ban?
We need to show the powers that be that our belief that a banned returnee really is who we think they are. Sometimes it takes a little while to gather that evidence.

In that time the person might sense their time is about to be up and jump before they are pushed.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Down at the garden centre today they were doing packs of bulbs with an offer on 3 packs mixed. I was only there for two types so picked a randomish 3rd pack tulip.
The ones I wanted were for immediate planting (autumn crocus) I got carried away and planted the third pack. Sitting watching TV remembered the third type were tulips and should not go in until Oct/Nov so had to go back out and dig them up.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just waiting to see the level of my wife’s diagnosis. It’s playing merry hell with both of us. We are both pragmatic people, so we understand that this is just the way the mind works.. but I would rather not go there and to be honest we are both massively scared of what it could be.
We are also seeing flaws in the system and layers that are not necessary and why there are delays. None of these things are intentional it’s just the way it is set up and the working practices we now have.
I am a strong believer having watched and worked long hours, people become degraded in their performance. 8 hrs is enough, beyond that, you just get poor performances. Multi tasking is just doing more than 1 job badly and priority management is a skill set in its own right.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just waiting to see the level of my wife’s diagnosis. It’s playing merry hell with both of us. We are both pragmatic people, so we understand that this is just the way the mind works.. but I would rather not go there and to be honest we are both massively scared of what it could be.
We are also seeing flaws in the system and layers that are not necessary and why there are delays. None of these things are intentional it’s just the way it is set up and the working practices we now have.
I am a strong believer having watched and worked long hours, people become degraded in their performance. 8 hrs is enough, beyond that, you just get poor performances. Multi tasking is just doing more than 1 job badly and priority management is a skill set in its own right.
I was referred from Grantham hospital to Leicester General, 25 miles away. It took 9 days

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Speaking from my experience, 'crossing bridges when you come to them' is a good mantra.
My wife has beaten cancer three times and overthinking stuff is not a good road to go down.
Remember there is positivity as well as negativity.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Speaking from my experience, 'crossing bridges when you come to them' is a good mantra.
My wife has beaten cancer three times and overthinking stuff is not a good road to go down.
Remember there is positivity as well as negativity.

Wise words. When I was given my cancer diagnosis I was asked if I had any questions. “Just one”, I replied. “How worried should I be?”

The consultant was very matter of fact. He said I could worry myself to sleep every night, but it would make no difference, apart from making me feel even worse. It was the best advice I could have been given. I just put my faith in the medical profession and let them get to work.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just cleaning the oven to be fitted to the new kitchen.. it hasnt been used in about 6-8 months while the building works were on.

I have cleaned the glass from outside and from the inside. I just dont understand how stains get in between the glass sheets. I thought this was a sealed unit.

had to look up youtube and they have videos to clean between the glass.. but how does it get there in the first place!!!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just cleaning the oven to be fitted to the new kitchen.. it hasnt been used in about 6-8 months while the building works were on.

I have cleaned the glass from outside and from the inside. I just dont understand how stains get in between the glass sheets. I thought this was a sealed unit.

had to look up youtube and they have videos to clean between the glass.. but how does it get there in the first place!!!
Exhuberant wiping down and condensation.
Oven door glasses are hermetically sealed either.
Just be sure to refit them the exact same way around.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Exhuberant wiping down and condensation.
Oven door glasses are hermetically sealed either.
Just be sure to refit them the exact same way around.
I was surprised it is not fully ‘sealed’.. 4 layers of overlapping glass in my neff.. there is a rubber apron on the 2nd layer which gives a seal, but nothing other than that to ensure full fit..
in her case .. 3 panes..