Random Irritations

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
🔔 end going round the estate in the loudest trial bikes and 4 wheel trikes - already scratched multiple cars , have caused havoc on park , swings , roundabout and zip line have been smashed up

Been happening for a month and the police were supposed to have arrested one and confiscated the bikes
Repurpose that zip line mad max style? 🤣🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What's the point in a calzone? Surely an ordinary pizza is better?
Yeah, it seems like pizza with double the bread. Not sure why you would want that. I usually order the thinnest base for a better topping to bread ratio, calzone is the opposite of that. 😂

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yeah, it seems like pizza with double the bread. Not sure why you would want that. I usually order the thinnest base for a better topping to bread ratio, calzone is the opposite of that. 😂
This is true.
But some of us like the challenge.
And the satisfaction of seeing the empty plate when others are defeated.
Don't do it any more. But I was very good years ago.
Calzone was OK - mainly bread, veg and cheese.

11st 6lbs - same as I was 40 years ago!
In case I'm giving a wrong impression.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sky Q not having a programme reminder function - what?!

I guess I'll get used to it but right now finding it quite clunky.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is true.

Ah, but I heard you were only 4' 6" tall! :eek:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just been out to Tesco for a couple of bits and I'm constantly staggered by the number of people who still don't know that the tills don't open until 10 on a Sunday.
I got my basket worth, placed it on one of the self service tills and propped it up for 10 minutes p,saying a few games on the phone...
U or 8 people can up and asked why the tills weren't working...
These times came in 30 years ago....people should really be used to it by now.....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
This is true.

Ah, but I heard you were only 4' 6" tall! :eek:

Pretty sure he came to Mordor with me… :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sky Q not having a programme reminder function - what?!

I guess I'll get used to it but right now finding it quite clunky.
Series link?

There are a few quirks, you can't choose when to start watching a recorded programme for example ie. 20 minutes in on grand designs because you don't care about the intro bit. You have to fast forward from the start. Anyway, you do get used to it and it is very good.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Series link?

There are a few quirks, you can't choose when to start watching a recorded programme for example ie. 20 minutes in on grand designs because you don't care about the intro bit. You have to fast forward from the start. Anyway, you do get used to it and it is very good.

Yeah that was the other thing - no selecting a start point.

Series link will record it I guess but it will show in my planner - haven't checked is there a "scheduled" element? I guess I can always ask Alexa to remind me :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Neighbours who don’t actually live on our road have parked outside out house for over a week…nearly ten days now…and they have had plenty of opportunity to move their car…but haven’t.

Yesterday I ‘jokingly’ asked her whether his car had broken down as it had been there for over a week…no it hadn’t was the reply.

And yesterday he went out in it and on return parked again right outside our house, aware but ignoring the fact that parking in our road can be difficult and we all try and park outside our own houses as best we can. There were plenty of alternative spots he could have parked that are not outside anyone’s home…but parking outside us is just the most convenient for him…ignoring the roads parking etiquette and almost deliberately it would seem to wind us up given my comment.

I generally don’t fall out with anyone but my patience is being sorely tested.

RichA

Visit site
Calzones are the dog’s danglies if you get a good one. Absolutely love them to death.
Yep. Love a calzone. If I'm forced to settle for pizza I'll eat 2 segments at a time sandwiched together.
Green pepper, mushrooms, onion and sweetcorn. This conversation is in the wrong thread.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Neighbours who don’t actually live on our road have parked outside out house for over a week…nearly ten days now…and they have had plenty of opportunity to move their car…but haven’t.

Yesterday I ‘jokingly’ asked her whether his car had broken down as it had been there for over a week…no it hadn’t was the reply.

And yesterday he went out in it and on return parked again right outside our house, aware but ignoring the fact that parking in our road can be difficult and we all try and park outside our own houses as best we can. There were plenty of alternative spots he could have parked that are not outside anyone’s home…but parking outside us is just the most convenient for him…ignoring the roads parking etiquette and almost deliberately it would seem to wind us up given my comment.

I generally don’t fall out with anyone but my patience is being sorely tested.
If it is a public road and they are not blocking your drive I don't think there is anything you can do.