Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had to delete twitter, use it loads for football talk and golf stuff but my timeline is just full racist bile, right wing grifters and just crap I'd rather not see. A shame really, had some good conversations with people on there.

Same. Haven't deleted yet I use for football transfer gossip but it's utterly depressing me everytime I go on there. It's horrible , vile. Just avoiding it as much as possible

Id say it's really gone downhill since Elon bought it tbh

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Same. Haven't deleted yet I use for football transfer gossip but it's utterly depressing me everytime I go on there. It's horrible , vile. Just avoiding it as much as possible

Id say it's really gone downhill since Elon bought it tbh

It 100% has, the paid for accounts get promoted under the replies and anything interesting posted you just get replies like, "good", "ok", under them, just utter rubbish.

I've also got people I follow reposting stuff that's just blatant racism, I could be stood next to them at Wolves ffs.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had to delete twitter, use it loads for football talk and golf stuff but my timeline is just full racist bile, right wing grifters and just crap I'd rather not see. A shame really, had some good conversations with people on there.
I found that as well. Then discovered that for some reason it had swapped me from "Following" to "For You". Swapped back to the "Following" tab and all the random right wing nonsense and conspiracy theory posts no longer showed. It's a much nicer place to be when you are only seeing posts from people that you want to follow rather than the cesspit it seems to be on the other tab.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I use Twitter(X). It has a great cancer community, and is a font of knowledge & support. I’m sort of on the other side of the fence in so much as I now support individuals going through the pain & trauma of it. The support often extends to family members. You do make friends with those you’re supporting… sometimes, between advocacies, a break is required :cry:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Pizzas, a normal common or garden flat pizza I can demolish, so why are Calzones impossible to finish?
It’s only a pizza folded in half, some sort of black magic trickery going off surely 🤔
One of the very few things that have defeated me.
But it was a Calzone in a restaurant in Arizona. It was like a Cornish pasty the size of basketball.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
🔔 end going round the estate in the loudest trial bikes and 4 wheel trikes - already scratched multiple cars , have caused havoc on park , swings , roundabout and zip line have been smashed up

Been happening for a month and the police were supposed to have arrested one and confiscated the bikes

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Can you not select people you follow which should filter out the nutters?