Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 29109

Pet insurance renewal for our 8 year old cat just came in. Never been ill, never made a claim but up by 40%.

More expensive to insure the cat than a BMW 840i 😬.

But we will do it as we want to make sure she’s covered.
Same with the dog. She’s now more expensive to insure than my 540i 🥴

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Pet insurance renewal for our 8 year old cat just came in. Never been ill, never made a claim but up by 40%.

If insurers assume a claim will be made at some point in time the longer without a claim the more likely a claim will soon be made 🤔

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site

Wait til he/she is 10 years old - that's when they really start gouging you. Not only does the premium shoot up, but they also ask you to pay the first 20% of any bills.

Our cat is now 13 and the renewal came in this month going up from £17 to £24 a month.
I doubled the excess from £99 to £199 and it came back down to £17. The insurance is really only there to cover serious trauma that'll cost thousands, so we can deal with the extra excess.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Tried to use the NHS App to book a blood test…unable to work out how to do it…
Tried to use my GP Practice website to book a blood test…unable to work out how to do it…

Will just go into the practice on Monday morning to book.

Has made me feel pretty stupid…not old…just stupid.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Tried to use the NHS App to book a blood test…unable to work out how to do it…
Tried to use my GP Practice website to book a blood test…unable to work out how to do it…

Will just go into the practice on Monday morning to book.

Has made me feel pretty stupid…not old…just stupid.
I was due to have an operation last Wednesday in Grantham. Two weeks I waited for it.
The day before, (2nd July) I was told it's changed and now I'm being referred to Leicester and they will be in touch to organise the date for 1. the assessment and 2. the operation.
I waited and waited.
Nothing.
After an hour on the phone yesterday I discovered they got my referral letter the day before (Thursday 11th July).
I could have walked from Grantham to Leicester quicker.
So now I've got a date for my assessment next month but no date for my operation because the surgeons are mostly on holiday because the schools are off. 🤬

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not being able to discuss on the forum the biggest global outrage that happened in the USA because forummers cannot engage grey matter before they type so threads get locked 😡

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not being able to discuss on the forum the biggest global outrage that happened in the USA because forummers cannot engage grey matter before they type so threads get locked 😡
The way Humans are these days you can't discuss it anywhere without resorting to attacks, insults, accusations and the like.
Take a look at the socials....if these people were in the same room nobody would get out alive...
Best kept out of here.....believe me.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting home last night from working away, sit on the sofa and instantly think “the tv is too small”.
The seed has been planted now 🤦🏻

I was doing a survey with an interviewer last week and the chat turned to football and 1966.

"Do you you remember it ? " he asked.

"No" I replied

Very hard to remember much about it having watched it on a black and white TV about 16" big.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thing is with this event from a very personal perspective, is that as one of faith I know that I must pray for those affected, especially the principal actor impacted despite the personal misgivings I have of them. And I must pray that they seek the guidance of the God they purport to believe in - a guidance to choose words of reconciliation and peace, and not retribution and hatred.

And so this morning in church I did just that - for I have to love the ones that harm me or who raise fears in me and others, and hope and pray for the best of, and for, them. And sometimes that is very difficult, but it’s what, and all, I can do.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thing is with this event from a very personal perspective, is that as one of faith I know that I must pray for those affected, especially the principal actor impacted despite the personal misgivings I have of them. And I must pray that they seek the guidance of the God they purport to believe in - a guidance to choose words of reconciliation and peace, and not retribution and hatred.

And so this morning in church I did just that - for I have to love the ones that harm me or who raise fears in me and others, and hope and pray for the best of, and for, them. And sometimes that is very difficult, but it’s what, and all, I can do.
And this is what I wanted, to discuss this with forummers and open the mind. Cheers SILH.