Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We are off to Portugal next week. I thought I’d check the weather out.

How can these forecasts be so different?

We get the same here in southern Spain. Today’s forecast says 30* at 11am. My little weather station says actual temp is 34*. The sensor in the car says 34*, both in the shade.

BTW, Alvor is very nice.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Guys, I’ve just deleted a number of political post, posts that quoted some of those posts and posts that were out of context because of those deletions. It’s a difficult one and a fine line between what are observations of a politician and where it strays into politics. Some of the quoted posts then draw comparisons with politicians in the U.K.

It’s a very valid discussion in these troubled times but because Mods can’t sit in on a thread 24/7, picking out the posts that go too far into politics, the deletions have been made. If you need your politics ‘fix,’ please try Twitter.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We get the same here in southern Spain. Today’s forecast says 30* at 11am. My little weather station says actual temp is 34*. The sensor in the car says 34*, both in the shade.

BTW, Alvor is very nice.
We are actually going to Lagos, I posted the Alvor forecasts as i knew someone would say one of them must be Nigeria :D

The forecasts for Lagos mirror the Alvor ones, it's some difference, 15 degrees.

We've been to Alvor a few years ago, really liked it. We had a day trip to Lagos then and thought it had a nice laidback feel to it, so we're giving it a try this year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a brand new Sony TV last year 48” OLED to replace a Panasonic that was 14yrs old .. and Sony have sent me a message that it’s time to update my TV !
How is that sustainable the TV has a huge life changing it so frequently is just creating land fill .. these electronics companies need to be taxed for the environmental damage they promote!!

Ahh I feel better now , I have saved some dolphins

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I bought a brand new Sony TV last year 48” OLED to replace a Panasonic that was 14yrs old .. and Sony have sent me a message that it’s time to update my TV !
How is that sustainable the TV has a huge life changing it so frequently is just creating land fill .. these electronics companies need to be taxed for the environmental damage they promote!!

Ahh I feel better now , I have saved some dolphins
Not just electronics
Had 2 new front tyres 3 months ago...
Email yesterday advising me to check them to see if they're still legal.
How many miles do they think I do in 3 months..... :rolleyes:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not just electronics
Had 2 new front tyres 3 months ago...
Email yesterday advising me to check them to see if they're still legal.
How many miles do they think I do in 3 months..... :rolleyes:
Given you drive through Buckinghamshire they may judge you to be a pot hole damage risk 🤣🤣

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wimbledon officials bottling it. Medvedev clearly throwing f bombs at the umpire. She immediately calls the referee and supervisor to discuss. He should be defaulted but they bottled it.

Hope Carlos thrashes him...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wimbledon officials bottling it. Medvedev clearly throwing f bombs at the umpire. She immediately calls the referee and supervisor to discuss. He should be defaulted but they bottled it.

Hope Carlos thrashes him...
Probably under orders from the Wimbledon powers that be to provide a spectacle for the VIP's rather than doing the correct thing

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We are actually going to Lagos, I posted the Alvor forecasts as i knew someone would say one of them must be Nigeria :D

The forecasts for Lagos mirror the Alvor ones, it's some difference, 15 degrees.

We've been to Alvor a few years ago, really liked it. We had a day trip to Lagos then and thought it had a nice laidback feel to it, so we're giving it a try this year.
We will be in Lagos on 1st August, probably our 20th time there. Just love the place.