Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is an irritation or a blessing but I've just spent a week in Cornwall. I saw less pot holes there, having driven every day, than there is in the village I live in here in Kent !!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is an irritation or a blessing but I've just spent a week in Cornwall. I saw less pot holes there, having driven every day, than there is in the village I live in here in Kent !!
My wifes mother was up a couple of weeks ago from Plymouth. Thats the first thing she commented on, how bad the roads were up here (Kent)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do the acts/performers get paid for appearing at Glastonbury?
Apparently it is not full market rate, partly because the organisers couldn't afford it, but also because playing there is great publicity and if you perform well the spike in sales will earn you plenty. That is how it is sold to them, I saw an interview a while back with the lady who runs it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Apparently it is not full market rate, partly because the organisers couldn't afford it, but also because playing there is great publicity and if you perform well the spike in sales will earn you plenty. That is how it is sold to them, I saw an interview a while back with the lady who runs it.
Usually a great advert, especially for the "legend" on Sunday afternoon as it gets their music to a younger and newer audience. Thought the Streets were brilliant as well

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The BBC. I just despair. The reigning Wimbledon Champion is on Centre Court and they're not covering it. Not on BBC1 or BBC2 and not on the red button. They get worse when I think it's impossible to do so. Recent coverage at Eastbourne was equally rubbish at times.

I imagine it will start at 2pm on BBC1. So the opening 30 minutes will be missed - it's bloody disrespectful if you ask me NOT to cover his match from the start. Instead we've got Medvedev on Court 1 and Court 12 on the red button. Well done BBC...

Wait a minute (it's stopped raining!). We're moving to it now but not before a piece on Alcarez. Why not cover from the first point? Even from the warm up. Useless.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The BBC. I just despair. The reigning Wimbledon Champion is on Centre Court and they're not covering it. Not on BBC1 or BBC2 and not on the red button. They get worse when I think it's impossible to do so. Recent coverage at Eastbourne was equally rubbish at times.

I imagine it will start at 2pm on BBC1. So the opening 30 minutes will be missed - it's bloody disrespectful if you ask me NOT to cover his match from the start. Instead we've got Medvedev on Court 1 and Court 12 on the red button. Well done BBC...

Wait a minute (it's stopped raining!). We're moving to it now but not before a piece on Alcarez. Why not cover from the first point? Even from the warm up. Useless.
Reflection on how BBC view sport in general in my opinion although to be balanced they do tend to plaster it on BBC1 and BBC2 most days until end of play

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Saw an interview from someone who turned a slot down the other week. Apparently it is way below normal rates and it can end up actually costing some people. If you get a slot that is going to be shown on BBC then it is worth it but if not then it may not be apparently.