Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Ikea!

we bought a modular garden sofa and wanted to order a few more bits to make it bigger. out of the 6 bits, 5 were delivery only and 1 cushion was click and collect only

Mandofred

Visit site
It was a Rotherham Utd themed mug so you are actually closer than you think! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ha!! I had to look since I'm not a football fan.....yeah.....accidental accuracy. The only football club I follow is Wycombe....my first 5 years in the UK were in Wycombe. I couldn't tell you the name of one person on the team, for some reason I check the tables every week.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The couple who run the village pub have put their notice in, apparently the brewery want to turn it into a bistro.
Gutted, they've done a great job over the last 3 years and have become part of the family rather than just those two who run the pub.
Really not sure what the brewery are thinking, they've obviously never visited the place as a bistro will be a disaster for them 🤦‍♂️
Probably so they can run it at a loss for a period of time, then sell it to a developer

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Change of use is not easy to get on some locations

Totally, if there is one pub in a location, change of use can be a nightmare. In my village, there were 2 pubs, one bought by a developer who let it go to rack and ruin for many years until it was so bad they had to give him planning permission.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
“Baby on board” signs in car windows. Seriously, what is the point?

If people think it excuses bad driving “because I was distracted by the baby”, it doesn’t. Equally, if they think I’m going to try just that little bit harder not to stove in the back of their car, well, guess what - I have no intention of colliding with you regardless of wether you have a baby in the back.

The only other reason I can think anyone would have one is to advertise their fertility to the world. Like anyone is actually bothered.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If people think it excuses bad driving “because I was distracted by the baby”, it doesn’t. Equally, if they think I’m going to try just that little bit harder not to stove in the back of their car, well, guess what - I have no intention of colliding with you regardless of wether you have a baby in the back.

The only other reason I can think anyone would have one is to advertise their fertility to the world. Like anyone is actually bothered.

I thought that the main point was for emergency services in the event of an accident. If the police and fire brigade turn up to a car wreck and see the sign they know that they are looking for more than just the driver. I'm sure that there was a case where a child in a car seat had been thrown from the car in a crash but the emergency services had seen the sign and searched a ditch to find the child.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

“Princess on board”

Yeah like a princess is driving 2008 Vauxhall corsa.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought that the main point was for emergency services in the event of an accident. If the police and fire brigade turn up to a car wreck and see the sign they know that they are looking for more than just the driver. I'm sure that there was a case where a child in a car seat had been thrown from the car in a crash but the emergency services had seen the sign and searched a ditch to find the child.
Would make sense if they took it out when there wasn’t a baby on board. But as they don’t it just puts the rescue services at risk trying to save someone who isn’t in the car

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Never heard that one before, the signs fall off all the time anyways, gave up with them years ago lol 😆

I thought they were like green L plates, little bit more patience with them. Like might not take that gap at a roundabout or junction because their being overly cautious because of the baby

I used to have "dad's taxi" on the Alhambra, because it looked like a taxi 😆

Billysboots

Visit site

Spent over 20 years as a traffic cop and collision investigator and I never heard that one. Makes sense in some respects, but a full search of any vehicle involved in a serious collision is a minimum requirement anyway.

Billysboots

Visit site
Whilst on the subject of road related random irritations, I’ve had a long day on the road so here are a couple of others.

The muppet National Highways Traffic Officer driving his marked vehicle at exactly 70mph on the M2 in Kent this morning, completely oblivious of the huge queue of traffic behind him, the drivers apparently wrongly assuming he was a cop and that they would get stopped for speeding if they overtook. There is a reason that police patrol cars travel at 50mph on the motorway. It’s so that drivers continue to pass.

And even more annoying, also on the M2 in Kent when travelling through a lengthy section of roadworks, I noticed four or five Transit style vans parked in the roadworks, the rear of the vans marked with reflective safety livery. When I looked closer, one of the vans, with almost identical livery to the road workers vehicles, was a speed camera van.

It used to boil my urine when I was still a serving cop when I saw some of the tactics employed by safety camera teams. They completely undermined any suggestion they were there to aid road safety when you saw some of their sneaky tactics. It’s all about the cash. It irks me even more now I’m retired.

Now. Where are my pills?

🙄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Itv x "we are sorry due to licensing restrictions this programme will have adverts"

Fine cool

But their own adverts? For their own shows? Come on

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Whilst on the subject of road related random irritations, I’ve had a long day on the road so here are a couple of others.

The muppet National Highways Traffic Officer driving his marked vehicle at exactly 70mph on the M2 in Kent this morning, completely oblivious of the huge queue of traffic behind him, the drivers apparently wrongly assuming he was a cop and that they would get stopped for speeding if they overtook. There is a reason that police patrol cars travel at 50mph on the motorway. It’s so that drivers continue to pass.

And even more annoying, also on the M2 in Kent when travelling through a lengthy section of roadworks, I noticed four or five Transit style vans parked in the roadworks, the rear of the vans marked with reflective safety livery. When I looked closer, one of the vans, with almost identical livery to the road workers vehicles, was a speed camera van.

It used to boil my urine when I was still a serving cop when I saw some of the tactics employed by safety camera teams. They completely undermined any suggestion they were there to aid road safety when you saw some of their sneaky tactics. It’s all about the cash. It irks me even more now I’m retired.

Now. Where are my pills?

🙄

The guys at a Speed awareness course were going to kick me off the course when I insisted it was just a money raising racket ! ... I had to shut my gob.😄