Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I received a parcel today, there was so much sticky back plastic used I thought about digging out the Yellow Pages and searching for magician to open it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not sure what’s worse

The use of of derogatory comments like “woke” and “gammon”

Of the fact nearly £7mil will be spent on renaming a train line

Guess London must be awash with money to waste that much - guess there is no other priorities where the money would be better spent

Exactly, the names are irrelevant, they are hardly “woke” (not like it’s the Rainbow line 😁) it’s just the pointlessnesses of it all. At a time where TfL are crying they are broke (probably topping up them fat pensions) they propose this 🤯

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly, the names are irrelevant, they are hardly “woke” (not like it’s the Rainbow line 😁) it’s just the pointlessnesses of it all. At a time where TfL are crying they are broke (probably topping up them fat pensions) they propose this 🤯

The naming is definitely needed however the cost is ridiculous and should be pushed until another time

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
The naming is definitely needed however the cost is ridiculous and should be pushed until another time

Two of them already have names…

The Goblin (GOspel oak to Barking Line) and the “Push and Pull” single line track from Romford to Upminster.

That “Liberty Line” explanation is the funniest of them all!😆

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two of them already have names…

The Goblin (GOspel oak to Barking Line) and the “Push and Pull” single line track from Romford to Upminster.

That “Liberty Line” explanation is the funniest of them all!😆

Not official tho so even if they named them that would be in the costs of reprinting the map etc

I agree tho it's ridiculous costing, surely could have been done cheaper

But like everything we have to use certain companies rather than cheapest price

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure what’s worse

The use of of derogatory comments like “woke” and “gammon”

Of the fact nearly £7mil will be spent on renaming a train line

Guess London must be awash with money to waste that much - guess there is no other priorities where the money would be better spent
But you know the staff are so poorly paid they need 30% wage increases...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best comment I've seen on this: The Weaver Line, 'finally, Jackie gets the recognition she deserves ' 😂

To be fair these names whilst not amazing aren't the worst things and do recognise the diversity in London

Shame about the cost , I'd prefer the roads were fixed more

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair these names whilst not amazing aren't the worst things and do recognise the diversity in London
TfL could have taken a leaf out of Boston's book and given them completely neutral names that nobody could possibly object to:
  • Yellow line
  • Blue line
  • Red line
  • Maroon line
  • Green line
  • Gray line
Doesn't take much thought, so would have probably saved a shedload of money, too.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TfL could have taken a leaf out of Boston's book and given them completely neutral names that nobody could possibly object to:
  • Yellow line
  • Blue line
  • Red line
  • Maroon line
  • Green line
  • Gray line
Doesn't take much thought, so would have probably saved a shedload of money, too.

That wouldn't work. when yellow is circle, blue is pic or Vic, red is central marron is met green is District grey is jubilee

You can't have 2 lines the same solid colours the map wouldn't look right even if you did them with outline colour and not filled in because tourists would say how to I get to the green line and then it's like district or ?