Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always a very hard debate when it comes to capital punishment

No one imo should have the right to take another live out of punishment - it is very hard when you feel some of the crimes being committed by some people

There should be the ultimate prison sentence for those offenders where the crime is beyond imaginable-no home comforts , small cell , no windows , basic toilets , solitary confinement for the rest of their life , no visits from anyone and to life the rest of their life alone never being released.

Jesus h

Must be crazy I agree with Phil entirely

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You only need to look at the US to see that it's not deterrrent.

My objection to capital punishment lies on the grounds of where do you draw the line? Some heinous crimes may seem obvious. But what about something a bit less serious. And a bit less serious than that. And so on. If you think that line can be drawn, then please say, with certainty, where it is?

That’s for the law makers. But it’s no different to applying sentencing guidelines for any offence. Each has a starting point, before a range of mitigating and aggravating factors are applied, along with other rules, before a final sentence is decided upon.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Since when has conducting a lawful execution, passed by a Court, amounted to premeditated murder?

Don’t be so ridiculous.

Ok then.

So the cost of the state executors.. then add the cost of the therapy they will require because all the Billy big balls who claim they can do it because they are actually decent humane people will no doubt be haunted forever with each act.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok then.

So the cost of the state executors.. then add the cost of the therapy they will require because all the Billy big balls who claim they can do it because they are actually decent humane people will no doubt be haunted forever with each act.

I would most certainly not be haunted, you are unbelievably presumptuous.
The cost would be a mere fraction of what it would be to keep them alive and in solitary for 40/50/60 years.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The cost would be a mere fraction of what it would be to keep them alive and in solitary for 40/50/60 years.

The cost in the states to keep someone on death row outweighs the cost of prison

You claim that now but when you actually do the act in cold blood I'm sure you won't just forget it and act like it's nothing

And if you do. Then well. That's worrying

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s very very tough to understand how it feels to take someone’s life - lawfully or not , there are thousands of soldiers over the years who are haunted by having to take lives during conflicts - having seen the affects from some then it’s not something to be dismissive of

And cost - believe each death penalty case costs just over £2mil in the US - 3 times the cost of keeping someone imprisoned for life

Billysboots

Visit site
Jesus h

Must be crazy I agree with Phil entirely

And yet you label others inhumane?

Have you ever seen the inside of a segregation unit in one of our prisons? If not, think of your absolute worst nightmare, and then multiply that several times over.

Having branded capital punishment, and those prepared to administer it, as inhumane, you then tell us that it’s acceptable to you to house someone in a small cell with basic toilet, no windows and no visiting rights for the rest of their lives?

Your humanity goalposts move from post to post, to the extent that I really am starting to question if you actually have the first clue where you stand on the issue of punishment.

You either find inhumane treatment abhorrent or you don’t. Or is there now a sliding scale of definition that you are seeking to apply in support of your argument?

You’re starting to tie yourself in knots.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s very very tough to understand how it feels to take someone’s life - lawfully or not , there are thousands of soldiers over the years who are haunted by having to take lives during conflicts - having seen the affects from some then it’s not something to be dismissive of

And cost - believe each death penalty case costs just over £2mil in the US - 3 times the cost of keeping someone imprisoned for life

Twice in a day.

Spot on

Amount of soldiers who get haunted for a killing even in war at someone trying to kill them! Let alone laying someone down and "putting them down"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And yet you label others inhumane?

Have you ever seen the inside of a segregation unit in one of our prisons? If not, think of your absolute worst nightmare, and then multiply that several times over.

Having branded capital punishment, and those prepared to administer it, as inhumane, you then tell us that it’s acceptable to you to house someone in a small cell with basic toilet, no windows and no visiting rights for the rest of their lives?

Your humanity goalposts move from post to post, to the extent that I really am starting to question if you actually have the first clue where you stand on the issue of punishment.

You either find inhumane treatment abhorrent or you don’t. Or is there now a sliding scale of definition that you are seeking to apply in support of your argument?

You’re starting to tie yourself in knots.

Not really.

Restricting someone's right and removing someone from the planet are two entirely different things

If you can't see that then god help you

Billysboots

Visit site
Ok then.

How is that response even remotely relevant to the post you quoted?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s for the law makers. But it’s no different to applying sentencing guidelines for any offence. Each has a starting point, before a range of mitigating and aggravating factors are applied, along with other rules, before a final sentence is decided upon.
The ideal cop out - 'oh, that's for someone else to decide'.

Where do you think the line should be?