Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Moss

Scarified the lawn this morning, well the centre as the sides seem fine. Filled both my brown garden waste bins, even with crushing it down, rammed full

been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

The first time I did it I was amazed how much stuff comes out.

I now have got myself one of those big bags that builders merchants use. The local tip is only a few miles down the road so I take it there.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I now have got myself one of those big bags that builders merchants use. The local tip is only a few miles down the road so I take it there.

Me too, the saving grace is that the detritus weighs virtually nothing. (y)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Red grapes & brandy. Somethings just don’t go together. Love red grapes, and love Soberano, a weak Spanish brandy. Done the cheese & brandy = good. Done the grapes & cheese = good. Why o’ why doesn’t grapes and brandy = good?

Oh well, I’ll just have to plough through

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Red grapes & brandy. Somethings just don’t go together. Love red grapes, and love Soberano, a weak Spanish brandy. Done the cheese & brandy = good. Done the grapes & cheese = good. Why o’ why doesn’t grapes and brandy = good?

Oh well, I’ll just have to plough through
1st world problems 😁😉 Ride it out.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Done it a few times before, but never had so much come out. Considering I only did the centre. Got the machine for another week so going to do the rest over the next week or so. I think I'll just burn this lot though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hadn't played golf since last year. Stars aligned so that I could play today (Sun). Feel crap Fri.... Sat test positive for Covid ... my first time 😔

I still played golf when I had it. Current guidelines just say stay away from other people, easy on a golf course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just before Christmas I helped out in a family emergency, wifes side. A thank you and a pint of Moretti would have sufficed but my BiL and SiL went for a grander gesture and bought me some ray bans to say thanks, from an airport shop as they returned. Very kind but.............Today is the first day of sunshine since then and I wore them for the first time in anger. They don't feel right ☹. They are too heavy, I can feel them on my nose and they keep slipping down and I have to keep pushing them up. Problem is I keep being asked about them, do I like them etc. I know they are expensive but I wouldn't have chosen them, it's quite a personal choice, glasses or sunglasses. They wont have kept the receipt, airport lounge in Italy anyway, so I'm kind of stuck with them now.

Moral of the story, a thank you and a beer is pretty much always the answer. Leave it at that.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just before Christmas I helped out in a family emergency, wifes side. A thank you and a pint of Moretti would have sufficed but my BiL and SiL went for a grander gesture and bought me some ray bans to say thanks, from an airport shop as they returned. Very kind but.............Today is the first day of sunshine since then and I wore them for the first time in anger. They don't feel right ☹. They are too heavy, I can feel them on my nose and they keep slipping down and I have to keep pushing them up. Problem is I keep being asked about them, do I like them etc. I know they are expensive but I wouldn't have chosen them, it's quite a personal choice, glasses or sunglasses. They wont have kept the receipt, airport lounge in Italy anyway, so I'm kind of stuck with them now.

Moral of the story, a thank you and a beer is pretty much always the answer. Leave it at that.
Yeah totally agree,I’m right funny when it comes to buying sunglasses.
Also I don’t like people buying me aftershave,unless it’s one I already wear.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just cleaned the bathroom that is mainly used by my 27 year old daughter. Just why do women need so many different potions and products on the go at the same time. Why not use one until it is all gone and then open a new one. Or, if they don’t like the one that is half used anymore throw it away instead of hiding it in the cupboard for months. ☢️

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Would your local optician be able to adjust them so they don't fall down.