Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yep. Try it.

With some pumps (not all) you get some free drops at the start.

I don't go to the above extreme, but if I can, I will park with the car's petrol cap on the offside from the pump and extend the hose over the back of the car.
After you let go of the trigger, give a few little wiggles of the hose and you get more out without the clock increasing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The owners of the car parked in front of my house seem to have gone on holiday as its been there near a week. I’ve no issues with cars being parked there overnight or for a couple of days as sometimes parking in our road is tricky and we all have to do it sometimes, but this car is not owned by someone on our road and there was room elsewhere on the road not in front of a house where they could have parked knowing they were leaving it there for a while.

In the scheme of things we are dealing with this is no big deal…just a bit of an irritation.?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The utter thoughtlessness of people.

Mrs BiM has had a shoulder replacement on her dominant arm following a fall that involved a quadruple fracture of her humerus and a shoulder dislocation, along with rotator cuff damage and assorted dents & scratches all round; despite the best efforts of the NHS, it does work as well as it should. The charity for which she works, & which is supposed to promote inclusivity, has just announced a staff activity day, the choices of activity being ten pin bowling or golf. :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose she can sit & watch everyone else having a good time... :mad::mad::mad:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Foxes again!

If they carry on I’ll soon have a nice matching set of furry head covers

If you come up light, please feel free to pop round to mine & make up the shortfall. They've chewed the aerial on Mrs. BiM's car & went through the brake lines on my Subaru. If I see anyone wearing a Hankley Common club shirt I may not be responsible for my actions... :mad:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not against the rules of the sport or the UK but Australia playing someone who had tested positive for Covid in the gold medal match of the Commonwealth Games T20. You can argue (but not on here) about the correctness of the legal position but to me that is taking winning at all costs too far by potentially putting your team and the opposition, umpires etc at risk.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not against the rules of the sport or the UK but Australia playing someone who had tested positive for Covid in the gold medal match of the Commonwealth Games T20. You can argue (but not on here) about the correctness of the legal position but to me that is taking winning at all costs too far by potentially putting your team and the opposition, umpires etc at risk.
I'll play devils advocate here. How is it putting the umpires, the opposition at risk? Outdoor game, it's a non contact sport so you aren't close together, chance of transmission is minimal. We've moved on haven't we?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll play devils advocate here. How is it putting the umpires, the opposition at risk? Outdoor game, it's a non contact sport so you aren't close together, chance of transmission is minimal. We've moved on haven't we?

Contact with the ball plus the proximity pontentially to the keeper and the umpire if stood at the non strikers end.

That said, I do not totally disagree with what you say but on the sheer principle of the matter and the image that it puts across of win at all costs just randomly irritates me. During the recent test and one day series, players have stepped aside and isolated as soon as they tested postive and that sets to the precedent for me. To test positive and then play just randomly irritates me. For a start, why are you testing if you do not care about the outcome.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Contact with the ball plus the proximity pontentially to the keeper and the umpire if stood at the non strikers end.

That said, I do not totally disagree with what you say but on the sheer principle of the matter and the image that it puts across of win at all costs just randomly irritates me. During the recent test and one day series, players have stepped aside and isolated as soon as they tested postive and that sets to the precedent for me. To test positive and then play just randomly irritates me. For a start, why are you testing if you do not care about the outcome.
I think the chance of transmission in an outdoor sport is incredibly small. In the changing room, perhaps, but on the field, close to zero.

You raise a solid point though, why test if you are going to ignore the results? I'm surprised there isn't a games wide agreement on this.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Esmie our cat had a seizure in front of us earlier, cat seems a bit better now but the missus is in bits. I’ve seen this coming for a while and I haven’t been looking forward to it.
It's scary the 1st few times but you get used to it. The vet gave us an applicator and a diazepam liquid to insert where the sun doesn't shine.
Tried it once but by the time we had applied it, the seizure was over and our dog was fine and none the wiser.
My advice is to try applying it to the wife, mibbie calm her down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: