Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Following on from my previous irritation about being rear-ended by a truck...

My insurance is now due for renewal, and the claim (which is not yet settled) is recorded on the policy, with consequent increase in premium.
Until the claim is settled and the third party deemed liable, I have to declare it on any request for a quote so I can't even shop around.
Why, when I'm totally innocent, do I have to be out of pocket? The insurance business is just broken.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A common irritation but once again - people who can't understand humour or who the actual target of a joke is.

Noel Gallagher told a story about how he got onto a viewing platform at a gig with his 'all access pass' and later realised it was actually for disabled people - then quipped that they get a great view etc. People outraged because of his mean comments about disabled people. Do they not understand basic language and how humour works? The target of that joke is himself and his stupidity - it's self-deprecating. People can't even understand jokes properly anymore in their race to be offended by them. Does my head in.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Following on from my previous irritation about being rear-ended by a truck...

My insurance is now due for renewal, and the claim (which is not yet settled) is recorded on the policy, with consequent increase in premium.
Until the claim is settled and the third party deemed liable, I have to declare it on any request for a quote so I can't even shop around.
Why, when I'm totally innocent, do I have to be out of pocket? The insurance business is just broken.
I had to declare that I rang the house insurance about a leak in a flat roof to be told it wasn't covered due to it being a flat roof. No claim was made, no money was paid but still have to declare it - bonkers!