Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you look on Google Earth you can see the US parking spaces are 1-2 feet wider.
But then some just don't care.........

I hope this guy parked his train better :mad:

1451965_10151662494897434_1978165883_n.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Film adaptations of classic novels that are so far from the plot and misrepresent characters that it’s almost a fraud labelling it as an adaptation of the novel. Film might be OK in itself, so either just don’t pretend and call it something else, or make clear it’s only very loosely based upon the novel.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Film adaptations of classic novels that are so far from the plot and misrepresent characters that it’s almost a fraud labelling it as an adaptation of the novel. Film might be OK in itself, so either just don’t pretend and call it something else, or make clear it’s only very loosely based upon the novel.
Isn't that literally what adaptation means? It's been adapted, i.e. changed? :LOL:

RichA

Visit site
The advert for "Plant based chicken" on TV with recipe ideas. If it's "Plant based" then it's not chicken. It's the same with vegetarian bacon. It can't and doesn't exist.
Agree. If you're having a meat free meal, at least make an effort. I'm no veggie, but a chickpea curry is in the top 5 favourite meals in our house.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Isn't that literally what adaptation means? It's been adapted, i.e. changed? :LOL:
Of course. But when the basic rationale behind the plot is changed; the number and nationality (critical) of key characters is changed; what happens to the key characters, and why, is changed; with the only thing remaining the same being the setting of 3/4 of the story…well…the film might as well have been nothing to do with the original novel - because the connection was very tenuous. A previous adaptation 30yrs before stuck close to the story and was splendid.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I reversed off the drive this morning and heard a metallic thump. Drove to work, felt okayish, and took it straight to the mechanic opposite where I work. A rear spring has snapped ? and it seems like the previous owner had them lowered during their time. It is a merc only part and so he will try to get a price for it tomorrow, likely to be scary. The alternative is to fit a generic pair of springs, potentially for a similar price. Either way, pain is coming.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The advert for "Plant based chicken" on TV with recipe ideas. If it's "Plant based" then it's not chicken. It's the same with vegetarian bacon. It can't and doesn't exist.

Thing is we need to consume less meat if we can, it litterally is one of the worst things for the planet the old meat production

It's a transition food, whilst lazy it's Ness to help people try and eat less meat

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is we need to consume less meat if we can, it litterally is one of the worst things for the planet the old meat production

It's a transition food, whilst lazy it's Ness to help people try and eat less meat

Then don't eat it. Enjoy your lettuce but don't preach to others to do the same. Just had a lovely short rib. Anyway, you must have been on holiday, anywhere nice?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Then don't eat it. Enjoy your lettuce but don't preach to others to do the same. Just had a lovely short rib. Anyway, you must have been on holiday, anywhere nice?

No need to be so defensive, I never said I was veggie. I eat meat but cut down a lot more than we did. Lentils are great.

However people need these meat free options to help sometimes ..

Can't beat meat is true..

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Eating high welfare British meat and poultry is not an issue.

Vast amounts of deforestation to grow soy!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The discussion here is not about whether it's good, bad or indifferent to eat more, less or the same amount of meat
The discussion raised was the existence of "Plant Based" Chicken or Vegetarian Bacon..
Bacon is Pig
There is nothing Vegetarian about Pig..
Therefore you simply can't have Vegetarian Bacon...
QED...

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you seen the ad for the plant based butcher?
I remember when they were called greengrocers

There is no such thing and anyone that argues that there is, is either wrong or incorrect. The Oxford English Dictionary definition of a butcher is "a person whose job is cutting up and selling meat in a shop or killing animals for this purpose". Therefore you can't have a plant based butcher.

There's nothing wrong or bad about vegetarian or vegan meals, some of them are fantastic, and as PJ87 says we could all do with cutting down our meat consumption. All of the meat I eat is from the UK, I don't eat NZ lamb or other imported meats. I get everything from my butcher who only uses UK suppliers but even without the carbon footprint of imports there is still an environmental cost to eating meat. My irritation isn't vegetablists or vegans, it's people using the wrong term for whatever they are promoting.