Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Won't be a popular (I hardly ever am)

But people who jump under trains. Selfish

I appreciate they are struggling and have had enough but a selfish way to go.

Driver is in bits. That will live with them forever.

Tones of Police, lfb and ambulance in attendance .. when could be helping people who need it

100 people stuck on the track for an hour before they could be safely detrained

All for one person.

I hope the driver can get the help she needs because she was in pieces when she phoned through.

Supervisor was so shaken we had to send one of our staff down as emergency manager to do the stalled train.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Won't be a popular (I hardly ever am)

But people who jump under trains. Selfish

I appreciate they are struggling and have had enough but a selfish way to go.

Driver is in bits. That will live with them forever.

Tones of Police, lfb and ambulance in attendance .. when could be helping people who need it

100 people stuck on the track for an hour before they could be safely detrained

All for one person.

I hope the driver can get the help she needs because she was in pieces when she phoned through.

Supervisor was so shaken we had to send one of our staff down as emergency manager to do the stalled train.

Horrible fact but Suicide is a very selfish act.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Selfish act?

I often wonder what is going through peoples minds and how warped it may be to think that the only way out is to kill themselves. I'd call that brave to be honest.

It is a hard one. I just think the way the people who throw under trains isnt brave. Just for that driver alone. She has to live with the fact she killed someone for the rest of her life and there was nothing she could do about it

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Selfish act?

I often wonder what is going through peoples minds and how warped it may be to think that the only way out is to kill themselves. I'd call that brave to be honest.

I think taking your own life is an act of desperation not bravery and if you consider the pain to the wives, children, parents and friends who are left behind it’s also very selfish.

Take the example Paul posted above. The suicide victim has not considered how their death will probably ruin the life of the train driver and the effect on the rescue services. This to me is selfish.

This is obviously just my opinion but I have had experience of the matter indirectly.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think taking your own life is an act of desperation not bravery and if you consider the pain to the wives, children, parents and friends who are left behind it’s also very selfish.

Take the example Paul posted above. The suicide victim has not considered how their death will probably ruin the life of the train driver and the effect on the rescue services. This to me is selfish.

This is obviously just my opinion but I have had experience of the matter indirectly.

My mates just returned , turns out the driver is someone who had a secondment up here. Really lovely lady. Only saw her this morning taking her train out the depot.

Not what you sign up for at begining of day

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can imagine, awful for the poor woman just trying to do her job. Thoughts are with her.

Feel for the rescue services and our own emergency team who had to jack up the train .. apparently it was a very very bad one.

Got to be a different kind of mentally strong to work for the ERU (emergency response unit)

D

Deleted member 15344

Having worked with people suffering from combat stress and some that have had suicidal thoughts and others that have gone through with it - the majority don’t feel they are doing it for themselves only and the last thing I would suggest they are is selfish

Yes it’s awful for those that get caught up in it but how bad must someone feel their life is worth that little to end it

When did we stop showing so little compassion for all involved

It’s awful for the train driver - but they get to go home to loved ones - one person doesn’t

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
People sitting several tables down who insist on butting in. Someone asked a question about who Everton had in their run in and before anyone on our table could answer Mr Trappy was shouting the answer from three tables down
Folk that can't take a 'subtle' hint that their conversation is so loud it can be heard clearly 3 tables away.
-

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Not offering a peaceful dignified death without suffering to those who want out is a crime in my eyes.
No one should feel the need to jump in front of a bus, off a bridge or hang from a tree to escape.

A friend of mine, having been diagnosed with MND, explored the option of travelling to Dignitas in Switzerland. It was very, very expensive but he could afford it. What stopped him was the refusal of his wife to travel with him and bring him home in a coffin.

Fortunately for all, he passed away peacefully in his sleep at home. But he should have been able to consider dignified options in this country.

It’s a really emotive subject and one where there is unlikely ever to be a consensus.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A friend of mine, having been diagnosed with MND, explored the option of travelling to Dignitas in Switzerland. It was very, very expensive but he could afford it. What stopped him was the refusal of his wife to travel with him and bring him home in a coffin.

Fortunately for all, he passed away peacefully in his sleep at home. But he should have been able to consider dignified options in this country.

It’s a really emotive subject and one where there is unlikely ever to be a consensus.

Problem is an important issue like this gets lost when those in power keep deciding arguing about who had a party or not or if someone's legs were distracting rather than doing their jobs!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
It was a long time ago, when I was 13 and staying with my auntie for a week in Feltham.
We met a lady at a bus stop who had, moments earlier, been stood on a Tube platform when the person next to her jumped.
I don't remember anything about the reported suicide, but that lady, and the state she was in, has stayed in my mind all this time.